dash / gauge lights

oldprotrac

Spoolin Fool
Hey guys!!!! I am having this problem with my factory dash. When ever i turn on the driving lights the dash illumintation goes away and so does the RPM and Boost gauge. Has anyone else seen this??? I am wondering if somehow i have a short somewere???? Any ideas???? :dunno: :dunno:

Thanks. :confused: :)

Dash Light problem

I had this problem too. I replaced the fuse and it seemed to clear up on its own? Also I replaced the radio and the alarm that was in it with another. :confused:

Hey guys!!!! I am having this problem with my factory dash. When ever i turn on the driving lights the dash illumintation goes away and so does the RPM and Boost gauge. Has anyone else seen this??? I am wondering if somehow i have a short somewere???? Any ideas???? :dunno: :dunno:

Thanks. :confused: :)

Have you ever removed the dash? If so, make sure you seated it correctly upon re-install. When did it start and what was the last thing connected before the problem started.

As a matter of fact i did remove the speedo and instrumet cluster. It worked fine for about a week and now when the driving lights on the dash instrument cluster and shifter light is out. The weird thing is when the driving lights are on the turn signals go much slower. Also the boost gauge and rpm gauge goes out along with it.The check engine light still works as does, oil , and turn signals. Anything else i might try???:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact i did remove the speedo and instrumet cluster. It worked fine for about a week and now when the driving lights on the dash instrument cluster and shifter light is out. The weird thing is when the driving lights are on the turn signals go much slower. Also the boost gauge and rpm gauge goes out along with it.The check engine light still works as does, oil , and turn signals. Anything else i might try???:rolleyes:

You may want to go back in there and make sure everything is seated properly. A poor connection will do funky things. Ask me how I know this:D

I have this same issue... no dash lights period. All fuses are good, would that lead to the next obvious spot, dimemr switch? I have checked the white wire for the shifter indicator....

I may have figured it out

Does your car have T-tops? I think I've figured it out- :p

I think the T-tops are leaking water which trickles down the inside of the A-pillar into the fuse box and then shorting something. Then when it dries out, you can replace the fuse without it blowing.

Does your car have T-tops? I think I've figured it out- :p

I think the T-tops are leaking water which trickles down the inside of the A-pillar into the fuse box and then shorting something. Then when it dries out, you can replace the fuse without it blowing.

Maybe for the thread starter... but no t tops for me

You need to check both the 20A TAIL LPS and the 5A INST LPS fuses for the circuit.

And of course the dimmer switch has to be in the ON up position and working properly.

had the same issue last month when i replaced the radio. There is a wire in the loom behind the radio (cant recall if it is on a harness) but it does affect dash lights. i had the same problem. When i put the factory stereo back in, it all worked fine. Pull the radio out and retrace your steps. I cant recall the color but i remember it being part of the jumble of wires. Many guys on the forum had that problem. Run a search and you may find some.:smile:

had the same issue last month when i replaced the radio. There is a wire in the loom behind the radio (cant recall if it is on a harness) but it does affect dash lights. i had the same problem. When i put the factory stereo back in, it all worked fine. Pull the radio out and retrace your steps. I cant recall the color but i remember it being part of the jumble of wires. Many guys on the forum had that problem. Run a search and you may find some.:smile:

is it a loose wire? Or does it actually connect to the radio? If its gray its a power supply..... thanks

There are two basically identical gray wires where the sterio goes. One controls the ilumination of the radio when the lights are turned on and the other one is one of your wires for your front speakers. When I was trying to put my vehicle back to the stock radio I could not see any difference in the two wires and I ended up the first time I wired it getting them crossed which made my lights wig out as well as my front speakers if I were to move the dimmer switch with the lights on.