You can type here any text you want

DASH PLAQUE REMOVAL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BRAD_PADGETT

I am replacing the dash plaque pictured with an original. Is there a trick to removing this? I do not see anyway to get at the nuts especially the right hand one by the air duct. Any help would be appreciated. If there is no trick available my next step will be to cut it to pieces from the outside. I would rather not do this because it is an original 87T plaque with a blemish covered up with the TR Custom applique. Someone may have a use for it. Thanks- BradView attachment 320752 IMG_1130.JPG

Remove glovebox. Stick hand and open end wrenchbehind it. Remove nuts..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Be careful with the wrenching. I've seen a few kinds of nuts back there.
There are speed nuts that bite into the plastic pegs that protrude from the back of the dash plaque. Twist too hard and you'll snap the pegs.
1525717483114.png

Of the flat speed nuts- even worse!
1525717458330.png

I have the flat speed speed nuts which is how things seem to work out. My plan is to pry them a little and try to cut them off.

Good luck with that. Prying those bastards is near impossible and you have to be a contortionist got get any kind of purchase back there.

Back