Dashboard Swaps Possible

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Is there any car out there that has a dashboard that can be swapped into a turbo buick? I.E. Monte Carlo SS, Cutlass? etc. If so what is needed?
Anyone done this?
Yes i know about GNXDASH...

thanks a mil

I think all GM A/G body dashes are interchangable with each other buy am not positive. Maybe some ducting is different.

i was just curious because since my dash is crapped out and boost and tach are primarily useless with the LEDs. maybe using a remanufactured and cleaned monte carlo SS or other Gbody dash might work.

ANYTHING will work. You could use the dash out of a Corvette, or a Ferrari. But it ain't easy. The "good" G-body dash, like the one out of the old Cutlass, or a Monte, will require a major rework of the wiring harness. Since the turbo engines depend on the VSS, you will have to fit that in, somehow. Not sure how the tach will work, since none of the other cars had the same ignition as the turbo Buicks. So, yes, you can do it. And no, it won't be easy. Makes the aftermarket Buick units look a little less expensive, when you start to do all the mods.

Any G-body dash is a bolt in. As far as wiring that should be easy to do if you can read a schematic. Basically the dash wire harness is two sections. One section controls the ECM and the other half is lighting,accessories and gauges. Figure out a way of integrating the ECM half and the hard part of the swap is handled. The VSS is on the ECM half.