Day after E.J's Buick Bash

Good to see that so many people had a good time out at EJ's place!!! For those that didn't make it, you missed one heck of a Buick party!

If anyone has pics they'd like to see posted please send me an email, I'll get them up as soon as I get the situation with the club's web host finalized (lost our free server) :(

The HBC brought in $136.00 for funding future meetings & mailouts with ticket sales for the 50/50 drawing & raffle items and another $15.00 from sales of our club event "history" on CD Rom!!! THANKS to everyone who helped out!!!

Doug C.

EJ's/burnout

Hey, Tom. How close are you to Greenville, Ms.?? We have a QTR mile track here(3 miles from my house) if you're ever this way, look me up. As far as EJ's Buick Bash, what a blast!!! I too drove a good ways, 7 1/2 hours to be exact, competed in the burnout contest, & drove home the next day! I had a blast & everyone was great, friendly, "crazy":). Wish i was a lot closer to you guys!! Tom, you'll find that the Conleys are some great folks, & will know how to make your beast run!!. I want to thank Earl & his wife Zena again for such a great time, & all of you Texas folks for making me feel at home!! By the way, if any of you are ever this way, look me up & we'll hit the track here. I know the owners very well, & there are some very fast cars around here also. Take care, "Mississipi" Jay(as Earl refers me:)).

Originally posted by tc86gn
Thanks a lot!!
Actually, I will be back at Conleys Saturday as I need to drop off a crank and pick up another one. Someone made a boo boo and gave me the wrong one. I was also to blame for not checking it out close enough. TOM

Not a problem Tom.

You might want to call Conley's first I believe there leaving Wed.
night for a race in Michigan so no one will be at the shop on Saturday.

Take Care

Neal

Neal and Mississippi Jay,
Already, I am starting to feel like one of the gang. I called the Conleys as you suggested and you were right. Get this, They are gonna send it to me at no charge. I should get it Friday or Saturday. When I asked about if I should mail back the wrong one I picked up, Janice told me to just bring it by whenever I am back in town. These people are great. Try working something like this out with some other vendors!!! If this is the way you lone star state torbo people treat each other, consider me a Texan!
I should have the buick up and running by Monday evening and broke in just in time to drive it to Ft. Hood to instruct a 2 week Power Generation Qualification class. Thanks to the Conleys.
I am about 4 1/2 hrs from Greenville Ms. and am looking forward to taking this thing to the track. Don't laugh guys but, I have never drag raced a car in my life!!!! I am gonna get into it though and will be looking for a few pointers from you wiley veterans out there. Only problem is the Army takes me 1 weekend a month. Hey, someones got to do it.

You guys rock,
Tom

Tom, if you ever make it this way I'll be glad to help you "dragrace". I'm no "pro" by any means but i have been doing it for about 15 years now. One a few events, lost a lot!!:). But if it's "fun" you want then we race here every Saturday night & it's a QTR mile track & it's "street racing", run by yourself, pick a race, whatever. Very relaxed(sometimes) & can run as many times as you like till midnight! Will be glad to put you up for a weekend also, so don't worry about expenses(food & a room). By the way this goes for anyone that wants to come race or just watch. Take care, Jay.