Day after E.J's Buick Bash

N

NastyGn

For those who did not make it WE had a great time :D

There were a number of cars show up for the car show, lots of good food, drink and of course walking around talking to everyone. The weather was great.

Then of course there was the BURN OUT CONTEST :eek:
Their were about 10 cars that competed in this event, there are two classes Buick and non Buick. Maybe EJ can post who all the winners were but it was a real HOOT. There was even a 4WD Chev that competed with all 4 wheels smoking, it was so good that the Conroe Fire Department sent out a truck BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that was great to see the look on the firemens faces when they seen what was going on.

Some of these people smoked them down so far a few tires blew out from the heat :D

This is the second year of E.J. Buick Bash. He has a very nice place to hold such an event and I would suggest you attend next year if you get a chance, I will make a post about it if EJ don't when they set the date for next year, I would even hope some of the people from the Lone Star Performance Buick Club might come down for a great after noon of fun.

THANKS TO EJ AND HIS WIFE AND FRIENDS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND FOR PUTTING ON A VERY FUN EVENT.

This event is good for everyone in the family.

Take Care

I had a great time out there, even if I did almost get tagged with a steel belt once or twice:rolleyes: I was not fortunate enough to have a camera with me, will any of you guys post some of the pictures from the event?

John Brodrick took over 100 pictures but I don't have a web site to put them up on :(

Maybe Doug could put some up on the Club site

Have a good one

Neal

It was alot of fun, I was there from 2:00-3:00 and then came back for the burnout contest at 4(I was late and missed all but two cars) so if anybody can post pics that would be cool.) I'll definately have my family come out and there will be 3 more buicks there next year, hopefully. Everybody was really nice, I wish I could have stayed the whole time. I am really looking foward to bringing out my cars next year. E.J. thanks for getting this all together it is really cool, to have a buick event like this.

THANKS TO EJ AND HIS WIFE AND FRIENDS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND FOR PUTTING ON A VERY FUN EVENT.

I second that. E.J. and his wife had plenty of good food and cold drinks. They really worked hard out in the heat keeping the place neat for all to enjoy. The entire event was well planned and executed. Getting to meet with the other Buick-heads, e.g., Mike Kurtz and Lawrence Conley, was great. Several of the show cars had some interesting pieces on them. Chris Conley's had the graphitized pipes under the hood that really looked cool. Others had Stage IIs in them. I met one guy with a Stage I in his car (very rare) although it was not at the event. Michael, the photographer, was selling some really cool Buick calendars. Others were selling parts. The burnout contest - I'd drive a thousand miles just to see that again. There were some really nice cars there for sale also. I'll certainly be there next year.
Joel

E.J. knows how to show everybody a good time. He's got such a nice place out there. Plenty of shade for the wife and the kids. They had some really nice cars for the car show. E.J.'s wife even went out of her way and made some trophies for the winners of the burn out contest. It was nice to see some old friends out there. Larwence and Janice Conley was there and Mike Krutz showed up. If you had any questions from engines to tranmissions you could get them anwsered. This event was twice as big as last time. The third time around I bet will be even bigger. I didn't get a chance to take my car ( blown Head gasket ) I hope to be there next year with it.

Thanks E.J. for a good time and great food.

:D

I wish I could have gone... but count 2 more buicks to the list b/c me and my dad definately are going next year.:D :D :D

EJ's Buick Bash Winners

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the thank you's we received, Yes it was a lot of work and expense but it was worth it!!
I will attempt to list the winners of the car show and burn-out contest, I did not make a list, so here is what i remember.

Car show,
first place, Joel Webb Gorgeous 87 GN
second, Chris Conley, Superfine 86GN
third, Photo-Mike, Michale Russell, 86GN love that paint job!

Burn-Out
Buick,
first place, Mississippi Jay, Jay Jones, 87 WE-4
second, Jeb Becker, 86 T
third, Robbie Robinson, 91 roadmaster

Non Buick
Garon Bracewell, 80 something 4-wheel drive Blazer.

That's the way i remember it went, i hope this is correct, if not i am sure i will hear about it . next year i will take notes.

Glad everyone had a good time, Will post next years dates in the future, take care for now,EJ.

E.J.,
I would personally like to thank you for allowing the white trash from Beaumont to participate (even though I'm originally from Houston :) ). You definitely know how to have a good time, cause we had a ball.

Guys,
I'll try and get my pics developed this week, and see if I can scan 'em in. Like a dumb ass, I brought the backup batteries for the digital camera, but left the camera sitting on the kitchen bar.:mad: So all the pics I have are from a $4.00 Wal-Mart disposable camera. LMAO

Joel,
Thanks for letting me stare at the ass end of YOUR Buick for an hour and a half, while I had to drive my Jeep. :p Next time, I'll have all the "issues" resolved with mine, and we can see what a real show winner looks like...(only if I swap cars with Joel :( )

I could probably arrange for some webspace to put the pictures on, Im just waiting for that zip file;) Let me know

I'll have to give the pics to the ball and chain, and let her scan 'em at the university...I'm too cheap to buy a scanner. I used my scanner money to buy my alchy kit. :D

Hell, I'm surfing the net on an old Commodore 64. :eek: That's how cheap I am. I'd rather put my cash into the black death trap.

To really tell ya how it is...I'm sitting here typing on an old milk crate.

Man, I'm sooooo disappointed with you Beaumont boys! Ya'll didn't give me any personal updates on how the bash went - I had to come here to the board and read about it. I am glad you got to go, though... someday I'll finish this d@mned truck! And EJ is definitely a class guy - he trucked over here and bought a GN roller I had, sight-unseen!

Later,

Hey Russ,
Man it's been a long time, Glad you are still a Buick guy!
Sorry you missed the fun, excellent turn out and buy all the post you can see we all had a great time.
You won't believe what i am building from the roller i bought from you, what year was that anyway?
4inch box frame from scratch with corvette suspension front and rear, vett rack and pinion steering, late model camaro 6 speed tranny. grand prix dash, auto meter phantom gauges, custom console, black leather interior.
frame is at the powder coaters now, goal is for boling green next year.
i hope you can join us next year for the "bash" I promise a good time!
call sometime if you get a chance, 936-539-5222, see ya ej.

Russ,
I thought you disowned us. I haven't heard a peep about the truck in a while. My GN is having some issues, which is why it never made it to E.J.'s. Stuff like...exhaust leaks, collapsing control arms, may pop tires...little things like that. But I'll definitely have it there next year...even if I have to tow the carcass on a trailer.

Man you missed out on one great time. The people were great, the food was great, and the cars were even better.

Tiny

Erik - I hope you did all that and not me! :eek: Let me know if you need any help (although my mechanic skills have gone to sh!t lately). We got Scott's 385" MCSS running today, only to find the water pump pulley wobbling about 1/2". We'll be pulling the front-end off that motor tomorrow. Man, I'm starting to HATE the fronts of engines. :mad:

EJ - I'm gonna come up there and get a look at that mean machine someday (the motor# was HP meaning '87 for the year). Do you keep regular hours or so I need to call for an appointment? Also, if I can't make my GN powered truck run soon, I may look at hauling it up to your place and get you to check it out for me - let me know if that'd be OK.

Later!

Russ,
You know better than that. Everything you did to the car was jam up and jelly tight.
1 The bald tires, are from me NOT being able to resist a race.
2 The exhaust leaks, are from me trying to make a Mease down pipe fit like a stocker.
3 The collapsing control arms, are from me bolting on a 1 3/8 ATR rear sway bar (refer to #1).

Man, look at it this way, by the time you're finished with the S10 and Scott's Monte...you're gonna be a dang pro with the front of any motor! :p

Russ,
I do not keep regular hours at the shop, but there when not at my real job. would be glad to help with your project if i can.
ej.

Hey guys. I live about 35 miles from the texas border in Leesville,La. There is no one at least that I know of around here that remotely knows anything about these cars.
I met the Conleys this past weekend and I was impressed as I have never seen another GN under the hood besides my own!!!
They must have had 11 of them in the shop. I went there to pick up a crankshaft Saturday and Lawrence asked me if I wanted to go to the track with him as he had no help that day. I had to decline and get back home. 4hr. drive. Man, I wish I could have gone with him.
I would gladly drive 4 hours to meet some of you guys and learn some things as I am very wet behind the ears when it comes to the turbo regals.
If there are any more functions or car shows I would really like to attend. could y'all email me when there is something going on in the area?

Tom

Originally posted by tc86gn
If there are any more functions or car shows I would really like to attend. could y'all email me when there is something going on in the area?Tom

Tom we would be happy for you to attend any of the things we have. You might go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonbuick/ and sign up for the e-mail list, most things people go to will be posted here.

I hope that is what your looking for

Good Luck

Neal

Thanks a lot!! I look forward to meeting some of you turbo buick gooroos in the lone star state. I went to the link and registered and stuff and my email is registered there. Thats it I guess. Hope to see you guys soon.
Actually, I will be back at Conleys Saturday as I need to drop off a crank and pick up another one. Someone made a boo boo and gave me the wrong one. I was also to blame for not checking it out close enough.

TOM