You can type here any text you want

Debating on Hydraboost.Need Advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo nut

Hey guys
I have an 86 and 87 Turbo regal.The 86 has working powermaster but slow leak around pump.The 87 is giving me fits and pump runs constantly,replaced switch, bled etc and I have decided that it needs to be sent off for repair and hoping to get unit repaired properly thru Cardone and my local parts guy.He will send off.
I am willing to convert the 86 over to Hydraboost since it is not as an original car.
My question is has it worked out for everyone to go the route of using the 84/85 TR hydraboost setup and hoses and the 81 caddi eldo brake master with plastic reservoir.Does it work okay to use the 86 pump I have and split into return line or get the 84/85 pump with separate pump return lines.I have found everything at local parts suppliers but have not purchased.

Thanks

..............My question is has it worked out for everyone to go the route of using the 84/85 TR hydraboost setup and hoses and the 81 caddi eldo brake master with plastic reservoir.........Thanks

I will just give you my opinion in a more general sense. :)

The most reliable brake set up is a manual one, the second most reliable is a vacuum booster as it has been used on many millions of vehicles over the years, and in third place is the Hydraboost.

Powermaster and "reliable" do NOT belong together in the same sentence! :eek:

I have used all of the above including many vehicles the Hydraboost.

The issues I have with a Hyrdaboost especially in a GN is that it complicates accessibility with the additional hoses, posses potential of more leaks with additional hoses and fittings, and is less reliable than a vacuum system which is cheaper and easier to install.

Back