You can type here any text you want

Delayed oil pressure on start up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QWIKWE4

Just got the motor together now for about a month. Everytime I start the car it takes awhile to build up oil pressure but when it does come up it's good.

Using a HV timing cover.

Also the oil pressure seems to be pretty high. I got the lightest relief valve spring in it and when it's warm oil pressure is about 45-50 psi and when I get on it, it maxes out at ~70 psi.

Is that too much?

More than most & just wears out cam sensor gears faster. Important thing is it rises 10lbs for every 1000 rpm. What weight oil? Maybe go with some thinner oil?

Might check your oil filter. Some of them do not have an anti drain back feature. I do not remember which one has it and which one does not but I am sure someone will chime in to give the filter numbers to use. Also did you adjust the roller lifters correctly. If you have too much pre load it will drain the lifter.
Jeff

what kind of a gauge? if it's a mechanical gauge, there can be a bit of a delay in seeing oil pressure until the line fills with oil.

It's an electric guage. I think I'll try finding a filter with an anti drain back valve first.

Back