Deleted

www.alternativeauto.com

Wheel is round.. internal combustion engine.. its all the same.. as long as you have a GOOD TUNER :eek: and a properly designed system ;)

Aug '06 Modified Mustangs :wink:

;) Dang, I deleted it while you were replying, I think I answered my own question when I was thinking about it.

That site makes you register just to read it.. :mad:

The deal is the additional octane.. not the cooling. That is where the boat got missed.

You cant cool the same way shooting before a heat source. Thats why IC are placed after. But shooting alky through the blower reduces its inlet temps, creates a small increae in boost, and adds octane to the combustion process.

The Magnusson/Radix blown cars like on C5's, GTO's, etc.. see this benefit.

Go to www.corvetteforum.com and type "methanol" and you'll see the deal. can also type "mag" and "meth"... two years of spraying through blowers with positive results to KR issues.

Leave you with this, Buick related.. kinda.. Magnusson bought an alky kit for the Ken Duttweiller GTO they built. And it was intercooled.

Sorry about that, I forgot you have to be registered... here the part I disagreed with..

"I also want to point out that although methanol does indeed have a higher octane rating than typical gasolines, its heating value is quite a bit lower making a poor substitute as a fuel. In other words, since you reduce the amount of gas injected to keep the AFR the same, there will be a net drop in indicated power"

My response:

"Most people running alky injection setups aren't running the standard AFR in fact they are running closer to 10:1 ratios to compensate for the lower specific energy of the alcohols. It's more inefficient in the amount of fuel used, but it's cheaper than race gas."

What do ya think?

Yeah methanol is a poor fuel :rolleyes:

I think Top Fuel, Top Alcohol, and all the 6 second turbo cars should change to regular gas :D

No comment :rolleyes:

James, you cant win certain arguements.. Especially when they dont have data to support claims, only theories..

Also you have to consider the if its worth explaining to someone that says "methanol is a poor fuel" , the correct concepts. Most likely it will be a battle you can't win.

spins4 said:
Also you have to consider the if its worth explaining to someone that says "methanol is a poor fuel" , the correct concepts. Most likely it will be a battle you can't win.
My Dad would say there are three entities you'll never win an arguement with..

Women, Priests, and Police.. I think another has been added :D