Delphi 50#'s any good

dwithers

Correct me if I am wrong. I've seen more MSD 50# injectors out there than any other brand. Racetronix has some Delphi 50# flow tested for $315.

The cheapest I've seen MSD's are $399.00 and up.

Are the Delphi's any good?

The ones I ordered from Jack last year have worked very well for me thus far with a Trans+/Extender setup.

BTW, IIRC, MSDs are Delphis. ;)

The Delphi 50's in my car have been good for several dozen 11.4x@119.xx passes in my car so far. Street manners are just fine as well with the right chip from the "burner" of your choice: Lubrant, Carter, etc...

Doug C.

Doug, what sort of injector duty cycles are you getting on those passes? Thanks for the info.

dconnor. what is your setup?

my car is why too slow, in my opinion. I haven't been to the track yet but I have ran it a couple of times using my gtech. 14.2 at 103. I'm not how accurate it is. The Gtech was in a pretty bad accident. Gtech co. says it doesn't need to be calibrated.

My setup is PT52, THDP, Joe Lubrant 93 w/20 degrees. 36# injectors, stock converter, cat cutout.

I just purchased the car so I am in the midst of fixing it up. Fuel Pressure reg, 50# injectors and fuel pump are next. Then maybe a 3000 stall.

I figured the car was running high twelves by the way it feels but the Gtech states something different. If the 103 mph is correct, that should be low 13's. I would be happy with that considering the stock fuel pump, stock regulator and 36#.

What do you think? My goal is low low 12's or high 11's.

Sort what you have before adding anything or you are going to become hopelessly lost. You already have the "big parts" to attain your goals. You need to go back and pay attention to the little things like your fuel system and then take it to the track where all things muddy soon become clear.

Oh wait I'm not dconnor. Disregard all that. ;)

I had to purchase the big parts up first because I had set aside some money for the project. It's a lot easier for me to come up with a $150 there and $50 there for the small parts.

I wanted to go a little big because I knew I would be doing the fuel soon, in which I am doing now.

Thanks for the info..