denatured alcohol

re: old SMC in-tank pump kits....

For old SMC non-prog in-tank pump kits, Steve recommends Klotz Uplon lube over MMO, WD-40, etc. He can supply or you may can find some at a racing cart place since they use this too.

I you would like to try something else that is already premixed, try windshield washer fluid. That contains methanol, but be sure to shake it first and if it bubbles or looks soapy then do not get that one. Find one that you can shake and doesn't bubble up.

Good luck.

they also sell pre mixed 50/50 stuff on the devilsown site if you are looking for that

For old SMC non-prog in-tank pump kits, Steve recommends Klotz Uplon lube over MMO, WD-40, etc. He can supply or you may can find some at a racing cart place since they use this too.

IF you put METHANOL in the tank. If you run DENATURED ALCOHOL, then you do NOT need to put any type of lube in there. :p

Adam

IF you put METHANOL in the tank. If you run DENATURED ALCOHOL, then you do NOT need to put any type of lube in there. :p

Adam

Not what Steve told me per a telephone conversation with him 2 months ago. I have the old round bottle in tank pump kit as stated. I've never run anything other than denatured in my kit since installing it in 2001. I was using 1 oz per gallon of MMO to the denatured but Steve said that was inadequate pump lube as compared to Klotz Uplon.

Evan Wards,

Steve told me what I posted, but I had a round pump in tank that was on the car from 2001-07. It would have denatured alcohol with no lube or additives and would run perfect. Also it'd be at 28 psi w/o KR.

But hey, to each his own! :biggrin:

Adam

I have some meth in my tank right now and its down to the add line. can I fill it up with denat. alk safely with no problems mixing the two?? :confused: thanks Sal

I've mixed denatured and meth. Julio said no problem and I didn't run into any issues.

they also sell pre mixed 50/50 stuff on the devilsown site if you are looking for that
Phil, not to bust your chops, but I find it kind of stupid to buy methanol with water mixed in. For one, they charge way more for the water than I would pay out of the faucet, and two, you have to pay shipping on something readily available. ;)

Jason

I've mixed denatured and meth. Julio said no problem and I didn't run into any issues.

Phil, not to bust your chops, but I find it kind of stupid to buy methanol with water mixed in. For one, they charge way more for the water than I would pay out of the faucet, and two, you have to pay shipping on something readily available. ;)

Jason

this is why i asked about using it as a fuel drier

Jason
i think they sell it that way, cause you cant ship 100% meth "via ups, fedex "

i dont use 50/50.. it was just a suggestion for the question above.. :smile:

denatured alky is ethonal with methanol mixed with it to make it non drinkable so it is fine .its already mixed :)