You can type here any text you want

DeQuick Intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I am curious to know what kind of MPH gains are achieved in the "real world" from the casv4 Charged Air Systems (Dequick) intercooler? I am interested in it as my next mod and would like to hear what people think about this stock location intercooler upgrade.

Does it reduce ground clearance? Does it work with the stock intercooler shroud and scoop?

Mark
Eagle River, AK
11.79@114.73

Zero?

Stock TTA IC good to 132..I would say when you hit 124 trap speed..consider it..maybe.

TTA89 had one..wasnt thrilled..1000 bucks latter..no dif.

but its cool to say you have a bigger IC..

Problem is you cant get air through it.

First of all I doubt you'd ever be able to get one.

Second of all the stock Intercooler is good to over 120+ mph in a TTA. You have alot more to go.

Third of all it slowed my car down when I did have one. The scoop was so small that it didn't let very much air into it.

:(

Hmm...judging from the replies it seems that the CAS stock location intercooler isn't worth the time or the trouble and that the money ($1000) could be better spent. Am I correct?

Once correct my MAF max reading problems (doesn't max out at 255, reads between 230-240) , I will spend my modification money on a TA62 turbo and some MSD 50 fuel injectors and an upgrade to my Casper's 7 positon chip to run the bigger injectors. I would like to keep the the stock appearance as much as possible. My goal is to reach high tens. Interesting my goal 10 years ago was to run high twelves. Funny how the bar keeps on being raised higher....

Mark
11.79@114.73
1.61 60'

How bout 57's and a TE63.. Bad MAF will cuase the not pegging condition..

Dunno bout the caspers 7 (wrong) position chip.. :D

Good luck with your choices.. i'm there..

I am going to do some more research on injectors and turbo. The seven position chip has served me well in the past. The 7 position chip has given me more flexibility in tuning when at the strip, since I was able to select total WOT ignition advance from 18 degrees to 26 degrees.

I have replaced the stock MAF sensor with a LTI MAF and a Translator Plus, but the low MAF situation, still exists.

The valve springs were replaced at 44,000 miles with Kirban's replacements and I have 59, 000 on the care now. I am confused on what is preventing the MAF numbers from pegging out.

Mark

Back