You can type here any text you want

dfi error 68 figured out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I did it guys, error 68 on calmap 6.32 dfi means the serial port is disabled, either in the bios or in the Operating system.

and now years later I have the same problem.
Error 68 on a friends car trying to connect to a gen 6 DFI.
Funny thing is everything works on two other laptops, and we can get his laptop to work with the innovative wideband using the same com port.
How can we check the com port to see what is causing the interference?
Greg Kring

explanation : long

Well, you must realize that calmap is dos based, and is fussy. You must start the laptop and enter the bios and see if the serial port is disabled. This can be done by most laptops by pressing the f1 key or some other function key upon boot. Secondly you have to check if the com 1 is not being used by another device, sometimes by a built in infrared device. If you have windows 2000 or xp on the laptop, your basically done in, unless you have a dual boot with windows 98 installed. You should be booting to dos instantly anyway by inserting the following lines in the autoexec window, so windows doesn;t have the chance to mess your comports up.

From windows go to start, then run then type in:

sysedit

In the autoexec window type in the following :

cd\calmap
calmap.exe

Then close the all the open windows, and say "yes" to save changes"

Reboot the computer.

calmap will run and to exit press q and calmap will exit and windows will begin to boot.

To avoid this and see your data you can add the line :

edit

under the calmap.exe you did as in the earlier steps
This will allow you to view you saved data via the built in ms-dos editor built in DOS.
Once the editor opens you select file by pressing the "alt" key.
The press "f" then then "o" to open a file
Then Keep pressing tab until you get to the directory column and use the arrow keys to find the "data" directory in calmap. Then find your saved logs.

SOrry for going off topic, but i figured you were going to encounter this anyway one day.

:wink:

Back