You can type here any text you want

dfi gen 7 (2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chad Maskrey
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

Chad Maskrey

I have installed this on a 2000 mustang gt. The car starts fine but will not rev past 2,000 RPM. It is not advancing the timing. I have changed the ecm,ign. module,and checked OHMS on all wires to IGN module and they all check out. I was told this is a safe mode. The timing on the car is reading 10 at teh balancer,but the DFI reads 20 degrees. I need to know what to check for. I am looking for any advice.Besides the ignition problem the car idles fine,doesn't overheat,. I hope it easily solved. Thanks turbobuick.com JEDCASTER@NEW.RR.COM

Chad,

If you are SURE that the wiring is sound...

Have you tried the Forced Timing feature to see if the ECM has any control over timing at all?

How about the Crank Index Offset setting on the System Configuration Screen?

Do you have any error codes displayed on your computer screen?

Also, be sure that your Cam/Crank edges and levels are set as per the chart in the online help system for your combination.

DFI GEN 7

When I try to use the force timing it tells me the software will not support this function. There are no error codes when you start the car but, if you rev the car passed 2,000 when it starts to load up it will give a code 72. I will check the other items mentioned. Is it possible to talk with you via phone. I have to have the car running by THURSDAY any help would be great. Thanks for your knowledge. If you can contact me by phone my # is 920-362-7001. Thanks Chad

Back