You can type here any text you want

DFI Gen VI Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bruce

Rest In Peace
OK, we have everything plugged in and working. DFI VI 6.32 software.

Calmap links with the ecu, and can read the ecu file, and edit it.

Tried starting the car, and it started and ran.
Very rich, ie pegged the WB.
Went to base fuel map and dropped the entries down to 10, and it's still rich.

Went to View, and the PW is 3.1 and in the table the entry shows it should be like .8..

Brought things back in the house, and reran the inputs to the ecm on the bench, and it's seeing MAT, CAT, RPM, MAP, all correctly.

In V the highlighted area matches the inputs.
BUT, the PW still reads a fixed 3.1. If I turn off the ignition/RPM signal it drops to 1.0...

The configuration seems to be correct, and the ecm had been on a known good running GN.

Pointers appreciated........

Originally posted by bobc455
Are you using the same size injectors as the other GN?

The problem is the PWs don't change when in View mode.
Increase RPM, blip the gas whatever, and then one the ecm bench I can change to 3 bar at 3K RPM and it's still at 3.1 msec..

The WB also reads dead rich at idle.

OK, found the software at the ACCEL site, and downloaded that.
If I unzip it, it will run from there, but once I close out of Winzip and try to run it from the C:Calmap, the laptop won't link to the ecu. But it runs everytime from the zip install exe..

Help!

No clue on the winzip deal. On the pulse width problem, I think the PW you see on the bottom of the screen is the total PW from all tables (i.e., base PW + enrichment from TPS AE, coolant, etc.). I bet if you go look at the various table that you've got a value somewhere, or an area of values, that are adding to the base cell to make it never drop below 3.1.

If I unzip it, it will run from there, but once I close out of Winzip and try to run it from the C:Calmap, the laptop won't link to the ecu. But it runs everytime from the zip install exe..
Make sure you are operating in a pure DOS environment. The (very) old 6.0 stuff wasn't meant for use via Windoze. It may work through win 95 when rebooted to DOS mode, but anything later than '95, and you can see all kinds of crazy problems.

Originally posted by aDFIguy
Make sure you are operating in a pure DOS environment. The (very) old 6.0 stuff wasn't meant for use via Windoze. It may work through win 95 when rebooted to DOS mode, but anything later than '95, and you can see all kinds of crazy problems.

I have 2 Win 3.1 laptops, and get the same response.
Yes, running in straight DOS.

For a moment this morning with the 2nd laptop, the PW in view mode worked just fine, then went back to the 3.1 display.

Bruce go to the fueling tables as they will add fuel to the base map during cold start or IAT will also add or subtract fuel. What injectors are you using?

DFI stuff

New setup....

Go thru all the screens including the "View" screen (I think it's hotkey V) and make sure all sensors are getting read correctly.
coolant, air temp, map, tps

Look at the screens while connected to the engine, key on and see where the enrichments are set: coolant and air temp, afterstart, etc.

on the main pw screen make sure the flying box moves (MAP sensor reading correctly)

The 6.0 box has *NO* diagnostics, so ya gotta do it all yourself.

The software likes a certain directory structure, with all the config files in the right spot. 6.32 is pretty stable.

email me the file if you like, I believe the software saves it to the UNVRSL subdirectory.

Bob

Re: DFI stuff

Originally posted by TurboBob

Go thru all the screens including the "View" screen (I think it's hotkey V) and make sure all sensors are getting read correctly.
coolant, air temp, map, tps

Look at the screens while connected to the engine, key on and see where the enrichments are set: coolant and air temp, afterstart, etc.

on the main pw screen make sure the flying box moves (MAP sensor reading correctly)

The 6.0 box has *NO* diagnostics, so ya gotta do it all yourself.

The software likes a certain directory structure, with all the config files in the right spot. 6.32 is pretty stable.

email me the file if you like, I believe the software saves it to the UNVRSL subdirectory.

Bob

I've been running it on the bench, and have gone item by item thur the inputs, and all are well.

The 1-2 times that it worked, I was able to dial in the IAT, CTS inputs and see the PW move around, just perfectly. But 99.9% it does this lock the PW at 3.2 routine.

It's almost like it works once and then stops.
In that respect it acts like a software glitch.

And to answer Lonnie, I'm running it on the bench, and have used saturated and P+H injectors. At one time I thought it might need to see an actual injector load to establish the correct PW.

Back