You can type here any text you want

Diameter of 18x wheel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

22lbChevelle

Is the diameter of the 18x wheel from the newer model 3.8's the same as our 3x? I.e, could I just take the 18x wheel from a new balancer and use the stock crank sensor and position?

Edit: I see now that our wheel is the same diameter as the inner 3x wheel from the new balancers.

He is talking about the crank trigger wheel.... The 18x wheel is bigger than the 3x stock stocker. I have been thinking of machining the center of a 36-1 wheel for mine.

Yea man I am trying to figure out the best way to get more crank position resolution. Maybe I'll draft up a custom wheel..

I have been thinking about doing this for a while, I got in pretty deep with an engine build that I am just finishing up so I'm kind of burned out working on my car. Though I would like the car to start faster and with a 32-1 wheel with the center machined out to fit around the crank pulley and weld it on would sure help that out.

,Dan

Can we get more pics of this set up?

I don't think either of us ended up getting this done. I am getting ready to pull the engine, and I might go ahead and try installing a 36-1 wheel which should give great resolution and possibly faster cranking sync. Another thing that has crossed my mind is an LS1 crank trigger wheel which has a "fast sync" wheel though it may be hard to fit up on the crank pulley as the bore on it might be bigger than the pulley.

, Dan

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Back