You can type here any text you want

Diamond or JE forged pistons??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks for the 411.

I’ve been told forced induction engine with good compression and oil coming from the breathers is typical. With gapless rings no oil from breathers.

All the piston blanks are made by one manufacturer. Then each company machines/finishes them to their specs.

Don't buy your pistons first. Bore the cylinders to size first, order your pistons then final hone the cylinders to the piston specs.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Has anyone used probe pistons? My engine builder says they are same as the JE pistons but cheaper. Any opinions?

Probe Pistons

I've purchased Probe pistons for a future GN build. Your engine builder is right, specs on the Probe pistons appear to be the same as JE pistons. Currently on E-bay for a little over $400 and I believe that includes rings.

Probe Pistons

Check ebay #330234920118. Probe pistons currently selling for $401.98. The one's I purchased are .030" and have part # 14477-030. I purchased mind several months ago and they did not include rings at that time.

Had Probe supply a special order set of Boss 302 pistons. They spec'd out nice. I was impressed.

I’ve been told forced induction engine with good compression and oil coming from the breathers is typical. With gapless rings no oil from breathers.

Do you guys agree? Is this what you are seeing?

I use a mechanical vacuum pump with an open breather, so I can't really add my experience with that. I get nothing out of the open breather, but I'm sure that's because of the 4 vane, mechanical vacuum pump. I run the breather open and not blocked so that I get exceptionally good crankcase ventilation. That's another thing that helps me keep my oil in good shape. At some point I'm going to start building vacuum in the block to see if there's any power to be had. From what I understand, I'll find some.

We see 0.3 to 0.6 on the pan vacuum log on the BS3 throughout the run. Oil out the breathers is a sign of unacceptable blow by IMHO.

Oh, BTW, we don't run a vacuum pump or dry sump system. :eek:

We see 0.3 to 0.6 on the pan vacuum log on the BS3 throughout the run. Oil out the breathers is a sign of unacceptable blow by IMHO.

Oh, BTW, we don't run a vacuum pump or dry sump system. :eek:

What ring gaps does your builder use?
T.I.A.

Top ring .040, Second ring .028. Perfect circle rings. :cool:

That was on mine, I can't say that's what he uses across the board though....

Ted. That seems like an awful lot on the top ring. What bore diameter is that with?

hey just would like to know the part number for the light je pins and are they pressed fit or floaters cause the je pistons i have .have no part number but the builder put press fit pins in them and no locks is that right .?

Back