You can type here any text you want

Did I find a treasure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HotAirGN

I have stumbled on a 1979 Buick Regal Sport with 3.8l Turbo. It was inherited by a guy and has been in his garage supposedly since 1983. But get this there is only around 8000 original miles on it. Do these cars hold any value or is it pretty much a coal mine instead of a gold mine? Any help on value appreciated.

I have stumbled on a 1979 Buick Regal Sport with 3.8l Turbo. It was inherited by a guy and has been in his garage supposedly since 1983. But get this there is only around 8000 original miles on it. Do these cars hold any value or is it pretty much a coal mine instead of a gold mine? Any help on value appreciated.
Maybe in another 20 years it'll be worth something, would work great as a daily.

I agree. Buy it and store it, or buy it and drive it! either way, buy it.:)

Buy it and store it. Thats sick. Anything with 8 k miles that old is worth chedder.

HotAirGN - I agree, buy it! If you don't, let me know and I will...I'll be in Pensacola first week on Jan 07

depends on how much hes askin for it. if its anything over 1500, id forget about it, as replacement parts/soup up parts for it are absolutely non existant, and so is tech support for em. If its of a decent colour (and not bright red, with bright red vinyl interior) and 1500 and under, id buy it in a minute just to tinker with it. See how fast i could make it go. If it were capable of at high 14's with alcohol and a few mods, id spend the extra money to have it painted a decent colour (cuz its most likely a horrible gold, horrible tan, horrible blue, horrible red, or horrible green)

....if its anything over 1500, id forget about it...

Dude.....8,000 original miles for $1,500.00? :confused:

You must own a IC/SFI GN....(wrong forum)..:rolleyes:
Who cares if it's a barf-up type color. Even in Europe, Australia and S. Africa these cars are considered cool. Many people really dig those early carbed turbos.

You're comparing a rocket with a VW Beetle...and that's over-kill!

If the guy is looking to make some money off of the deal I agree that none can be made. But any car in that good of a condition with those miles on it is definately a gold mine. And if he can get it for less than $5,000.00 he is one lucky son-of-a-gun. :D

Well as always you can never believe it until you see it. Turns out add a zero to the mileage was told 8 or 9 thousand, but it is 90k. The good part is the interior is flawless and there is absolutely no rust. Its blk/blk. I still bought it and may just drive it around. Also its still in storage, been there since 1990 not 1983 like told. Overall I dont think you could ever find one in better condition for its age so its not all bad just a little let down

black on black? now THATS sweet. If it were cheap enough, Id build it.

See if i could throw some alcohol on there. redo the suspension. hell yea. id give it a go.

Back