You can type here any text you want

diference betwing s1 and s2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tybob

hi , i want change my 109 to go whit a stage engine but i am not sure about the s1 or s2 off center block ! i know the s2 is better but why is better and it is a lot better for the money thay cost :redface:

what i want to make whit my car is not a race car .....only a driver ! sometime on the track but not all the summer ...more street and strip.....

can you help me for those question and give me more info if is possible :biggrin:

1-what is the diference betwing the s1 4.1L and the s2 off center engine !

2- i know about the 2 bolt main for the s1 and is 4 bolt for the s2 ......but what i need to know is how toff is a s1 (how fast i can go whit a s1 and be safe).....

3-it is the same heads,lower intake ect for a s1 and s2.....

4-if i buy a s1 complete engine can i take all the upper stoff to put on a s2 !.......

i want run hi 9sec but i want a dealy driver ! it is possible whit a s1 ! :confused:

if i put a block gardle on a s1 4.1L it can be toff like the s2 !

thanks all you guys.:cool:

hi , i want change my 109 to go whit a stage engine but i am not sure about the s1 or s2 off center block ! i know the s2 is better but why is better and it is a lot better for the money thay cost :redface:

what i want to make whit my car is not a race car .....only a driver ! sometime on the track but not all the summer ...more street and strip.....

can you help me for those question and give me more info if is possible :biggrin:

1-what is the diference betwing the s1 4.1L and the s2 off center engine !

2- i know about the 2 bolt main for the s1 and is 4 bolt for the s2 ......but what i need to know is how toff is a s1 (how fast i can go whit a s1 and be safe).....

3-it is the same heads,lower intake ect for a s1 and s2.....

4-if i buy a s1 complete engine can i take all the upper stoff to put on a s2 !.......

i want run hi 9sec but i want a dealy driver ! it is possible whit a s1 ! :confused:

if i put a block gardle on a s1 4.1L it can be toff like the s2 !

thanks all you guys.:cool:

I'll try to answer you the simple terms. We are referring to off-center blocks. On-centers are a different animal all together.

1-Picture a Stage 1 block as a heavy duty 109 block.

2-A Stage 1 block is tough but if you have bad tune you could trash either block.

3-Yes, you can drill out the deck surfaces to take advantage of the extra 6 fasteners for the heads.

4-Yes. But going to Stage 2 you can advantage of the 4 bolt mains and 14 bolt heads.

All production parts fit on an off-center Stage block. You need to find a 14 bolt oil pan (earlier V6s had them).

The oiling galleries/system is different between the Stage 1 and Stage 2.

Do a search here and you will find all the answers you are looking for.

Some pics:

4.1 Stage 1 Off-center
Buick V6 Engine Block Guide

4.1 Stage 2 Off-center
Buick V6 Engine Block Guide

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Now is all S2 blocks aluminum?

If they made an iron block, where can you buy one...all I find F/S is aluminum.

Stage 2 block

SVOray, I have a brand new stage 2 on-center block there in Texas if intrested. It is one of the very last production runs that was made. $3500
will buy it. I believe it sits at 3.960 factory rough cut bore. you can contact me at buickv6@hotmail.com or 937 272-4313 thanks Mike:cool:

I'm still toying with the idea of a Stage motor. I really don't need one but you know how that goes ;) Anyhow, I'm trying to buy a gear box from Brian right now. So I'm a little tapped out ATM. If you still have it later on, I'll look into it. That thing being is Texas could save on shipping :cool: What part do you live in anyways?

Back