You can type here any text you want

Different wiper/washer motor & tranny on B4Black?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwall

Like the title says. Looks like motor mounts are different ..... is transmission different??? I looked them up and the 1983 and before look different from 84 or after and also early variety offer non-washer option I think?

Anybody swapped one for the other?

THX.

They are different, at least the electrical connector is. The '83 and earlier uses smaller mounting screws & grommets than the '84 and later. I learned this when '85 screws wouldn't fit my '82.

Mounts are in different spots on some too. Had an 81 non pause wipers and stuck in a 85 motor. At least one if not 2 of the mounting holes had to be moved.

They are different, at least the electrical connector is. The '83 and earlier uses smaller mounting screws & grommets than the '84 and later. I learned this when '85 screws wouldn't fit my '82.

I may have to get a used 81-83 motor and connector just so I have that option. Thanks.

Mounts are in different spots on some too. Had an 81 non pause wipers and stuck in a 85 motor. At least one if not 2 of the mounting holes had to be moved.

I appreciate it - thanks. I just didn't want to admit it.

If my old eyes are correct - it looks like the two holes closest to the DR fender will match up which leaves the third mount to be moved/redrilled. Hopefully then the drive shaft on the motor will match the hole in the mounting plate and allow the wiper transmission to operate freely.

Back