digital dash to analog

Rick Starkey

How much work is it to change from a digital to an analog dash cluster. Does the sending units have to be also changed?
TIA Rick

Originally posted by Rick Starkey
How much work is it to change from a digital to an analog dash cluster. Does the sending units have to be also changed?
TIA Rick

Why? You're not going to gain anything. Certainly not accuracy :rolleyes:

You'll get a boost gauge that aint worth peanuts anyway.

I am not looking for accuracy, if the digital dash fails can an analog be put back in its place? I am not a large fan of digital dashes anyway.
TIA Rick

I went from analog to a Cyberdyne digital & gained an accurate boost gauge & an acurate tach. The actual work involved in changing the dash is a PITA.

The digital dash has some advantages:

1. you can get it to read 199mph without having to put an over lay and a reducer on it.

2. The yellow and red turbo lights can be adjusted for specific boost levels. Say you want to do 7lb launches, set the yellow light to come on at 7 lbs, kinda like a shift light. Then set the red light for your maximum boost, say 25 lbs. This way you don't have to stare at the boost gauge, you have idiot lights that are easy to see.

How do you go about adjusting the boost lights to light at a specific level? My boost gauge is on the A-pillar and is tough to see at times.

Originally posted by Roger
I went from analog to a Cyberdyne digital & gained an accurate boost gauge & an acurate tach. The actual work involved in changing the dash is a PITA.

I've seen one of these systems and I must say I like them. Where can these systems be purchased?

Dannyo

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
The digital dash has some advantages:

1. you can get it to read 199mph without having to put an over lay and a reducer on it.

2. The yellow and red turbo lights can be adjusted for specific boost levels. Say you want to do 7lb launches, set the yellow light to come on at 7 lbs, kinda like a shift light. Then set the red light for your maximum boost, say 25 lbs. This way you don't have to stare at the boost gauge, you have idiot lights that are easy to see.

1. How do you do this? I'm tired of seeing 85mph flashing.

2. Again, how?

TIA. :D

1. Casper's Electronics does the 199 mph upgrades...While you're at it, have him check the whole cluster out...With the age that they are now, the power supplies seem to be failing more and more...

2. I believe there are some screws on the back of the MAP sensor...To set it, you need to supply the MAP sensor with a boost source(like air compressor set to maybe 7# and turn the screw until the dash light comes on...Repeat with a higher setting for the other light...I haven't done it, because at some point someone put the wrong MAP sensor on my car( :mad: ) and the correct ones have been discontinued for some time now, but I know someone who did...I believe he used it to trigger his alky inj setup...Don't remember exactly, but I think he did a write-up and it's somewhere on the gnttype site...I look for it and try to post the link...

Here's the link to the article...no pictures, but Phil explains it a little bit in the article...
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/alkyrecipe.html