You can type here any text you want

digital to analog dash conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaper6

is there anything needed to swap out my faulty digital dash for an analog one? any help is appreciated.

George:biggrin:

I believe that you need a dash harness from an analog car, and also if you plan on using the boost gauge in that dash, you will need a 2 Bar MAP sensor.

is there anything needed to swap out my faulty digital dash for an analog one? any help is appreciated.

George:biggrin:

You will need a wiring harness from an analog dash setup and a map sensor to run the boost gauge. I'm sure there is something else. Someone will chime in.

I've never done the swap but I think it can be done with the digital harness. But you will need to switch some of the pins around on the cluster connector. You're going to need the Factory Shop Manual to see the difference in the pin out.

Going from digital to analog is much easier than doing the opposite. The digital has a seperate connector for the power source. You just don't use it on the analog.

Not to jack the thread but im doing the same thing can you use a cluster from a na car of a different year? i got an 87 limited and going to use a cluster from an 84 na car...That or i may keep the digital dash but do i need the computer to make it run? Im putting a v8 in it so im not usin the puter....

where you able to install the analog using the digital harness?
if this can be done using the digital harness I would like to convert mine to analog as well.

It's not that easy of a switch, You should use a new analog wiring harness cause the pin out diagram for those two dash's are completely different and the Fuel level power is different, the fuel sender on a digital dash has different OHM's and More!
Not an easy task to say the least. Way more hassle than it's worth going from a stock digital dash to a stock analog dash if you ask me cause in the end you still have stock 1987 technology.

Back