You can type here any text you want

Direct Scan, MaftPro, ECM, or..???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

300kGN

My 87 GN has developed an intermittent runs like crap/shuts off/wont start problem. It seems to be related to interior temps. When it happens the DS data and flags will go wildly erratic and the car will severely stutter, cut off and not restart for less than a minute- cut off twice during passes, rolled onto the return road and started after a few attempts while still rolling.
I saw the service bulletin regarding EMI interference through the ribbon cable. However, the erratic data has appeared when the engine wasn't even running, while waiting in the staging lanes for track cleanup. I opened the doors to cool off and everything went back to normal until about the 1/8 mile.

Wondering, does this sounds familiar to anyone?
I have an example DS file saved, but not sure how to attach it here.
I have an e-mail in to Chu Engineering.
I've tried duplicating the conditions with a heating pad and a temp sensor, no success.:confused:

My 87 GN has developed an intermittent runs like crap/shuts off/wont start problem. It seems to be related to interior temps. When it happens the DS data and flags will go wildly erratic and the car will severely stutter, cut off and not restart for less than a minute- cut off twice during passes, rolled onto the return road and started after a few attempts while still rolling.
I saw the service bulletin regarding EMI interference through the ribbon cable. However, the erratic data has appeared when the engine wasn't even running, while waiting in the staging lanes for track cleanup. I opened the doors to cool off and everything went back to normal until about the 1/8 mile.

Wondering, does this sounds familiar to anyone?
I have an example DS file saved, but not sure how to attach it here.
I have an e-mail in to Chu Engineering.
I've tried duplicating the conditions with a heating pad and a temp sensor, no success.:confused:

That connection for the DS cable onto the ECM is critical. First it MUST be perfectly clean. Next most important point is it CAN be pushed on too far. I found a very small zip tie, cut it to length and slid it down inside the DS connector so it could not be pushed on too far. I tried a round toothpick but it was too large around to fit down inside the connector.

Back