Dissasembling turbo. Cant grab turbine nut!

325DR

Even in a vise it slips off because of how the nut is rounded off when it was originally balanced. I guess I could use a Dremel cutting wheel to make two flat spots for the vise to grab onto. I was going to disassemble it and mark it so I didnt have to re-balance it. If I trim a little bit off the turbine nut, will I have to have it re-balanced for sure? Where can I get it balanced anyways (besides sending it to JC or PTE)?

I was successful in using a 6-point socket on mine. It was a bit of a juggling act to keep pressure on it and loosen the compressor wheel at the same time but it worked. I only replaced the compressor wheel on mine due to it touching the comp housing and causing some scoring and chipped fin edges; I did not have the assembly rebalanced and it worked fine by purchasing a balanced comp wheel only from John Craig.

if the nut is ground then it was balanced as an assembly and you will never get it right unless you mark the nut to shaft and the wheel to shaft possition before you ever move the nut

if you have to grind on it forget it and send it off to J.C and let him do it

yea you could get it back together and it will work but not right and for how long??