Dist/FAST

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Can someone w/ the above combo, walk GNFANATIC, {Ralph}, thru setting up the dist.?

Damn Chuck you get up early . Norbs reminded on the install and going to be grounded that A7 pin. I will update you in a few hours. Thanks buddy

I've been working with him on his issues. He can always contact me if he doesn't get help here.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

For those of you following this thread. Ralph is not using the cam sync in the distributor but running the XFI in bank to bank mode. In order to use the SEQ mode he will have to reconnect this and modify the rotor to use 1 tooth only.

Yep and I am up and running and ready for some tuning. I originally did not time my distributor properly so it was probably ,180 out. Thanks for everyone for the help.

Are you going to modify dist to run SEQ mode?

For those of you following this thread. Ralph is not using the cam sync in the distributor but running the XFI in bank to bank mode. In order to use the SEQ mode he will have to reconnect this and modify the rotor to use 1 tooth only.
You can run it sequentially out of phase. This will allow you to do individual cylinder fuel correction

You can run it sequentially out of phase. This will allow you to do individual cylinder fuel correction

Without a cam sync signal?

This is what the manual says for the xfi 2.0.

IMPORTANT NOTE - In switching from SEFI to Bank-to-Bank mode, if the cam sensor is removed, the individual cylinder corrections should be zeroed out. Although individual fuel enrichment will not be operational, individual cylinder timing corrections may still be in effect. However, the cylinders the corrections are applied to will change each time the engine is started as the ECU will no longer know where the firing order begins.

This is what the manual says for the xfi 2.0.

IMPORTANT NOTE - In switching from SEFI to Bank-to-Bank mode, if the cam sensor is removed, the individual cylinder corrections should be zeroed out. Although individual fuel enrichment will not be operational, individual cylinder timing corrections may still be in effect. However, the cylinders the corrections are applied to will change each time the engine is started as the ECU will no longer know where the firing order begins.
That is also correct. If you decide to swap it to B2B, zero the correction tables out

Last edited:

How does individual cylinder correction properly work out of phase? Why would you want to do that?
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does individual cylinder correction properly work out of phase? Why would you want to do that?
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The injectors are hard wired to the ECU. So it knows what injector it's firing.
Reason: For individual cylinder fuel correction and better idle control with large injectors.

The injectors are hard wired to the ECU. So it knows what injector it's firing.
Reason: For individual cylinder fuel correction and better idle control with large injectors.

So when you say out of phase I'm assuming you mean the injector timing for a particular cylinder can be 1 of 6 possibilities.
AG.