You can type here any text you want

distributor install but won`t start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Twin70BB

I purchased the jumper kit from Cal.Installed the distributor and synced it.
I turn the key on but no fuel pump,also no injector operation when cranking.
When cranking still ne fuel pump.The old felpro box was sent back to get programed for dist.
The jumper kit instuctions say to cut and swap 2 wires.With the plug installed on the coilpack connector do I still have to do that.

2 weeks before BPG nats and I had to try somthin new.

Tony

sounds like you lost power some where to have no fuel pump.
Check to see if you have injector feed power also.

Actualluy if you sent back the ecu,did they set it up for IPU?
If so i dont believe that will work.
If it is setup for IPU you need to use a magnetic crank trigger

I have no power to the pump relay in the trunk and I have power at the injector but ecu will not supply ground to them.

My ccci dead end kit says to put the dead end kit on the coilpack end then to install the plug to connect the dist.

In the instuctions it says to swap a7 with a3.

the instuctions say it`s for a xfi and I`m using an old fast seq box.

I`m just thinking about that 2 wire swap.

Tony

I dont belive with the old box there is a wire swap.That is what fast does internally when you send it back.
You are using the stock crank sensor correct?
If so you should have left the box for a buick and not IPU

Now I`m confused.I asked this question before and was told to send the box back to fast to set it up for a dis.Now your saying it should have not gone to them.
I purchased a balancer from DAN at DLs.So it`s a stock crank sensor setup.

So fast probably set it up wrong instead of a magnetic pickup they set it up for IPU?

Tony

Well it still needs to be setup for a hall effect crank sensor to make use of the stock sensor.
Give Cal a call today on this,Depending on when you got the ccci adaptor(there is a different one now for the old box)you may need the other version.

It all depends on what you told fast to do. If its a seqential box you should tell them to set it up for a IPU or magnetic trigger cam signal. IPU is the same as magnetic trigger in case your confused. The crank signal would have to be set up for hall effect as Otto mentioned, or if you don;t want to send it back, get Jeff at speedstar to build you a crank trigger setup.

norb

Tony,
The box did not have to be sent back to run a distributor when using our adaptor plug. The adaptor does all the work and wil even allow you to run sequentially.
You have two choices.
1. Switch to an inducive pickup and get a full refund on your adaptor or
2. Send the ecu back and have it configured correctly. I will call FAST and ask them to change it and ship the same day they get it.

When you bought the new balancer, I hope you didn't have the triger wheel moved. This is an XFI only "trick".

I am camping this weekend, but still have internet and phone service (roughing it :D). Give me a call at 321-863-2303.

The right choice

Tony , I suggest you lay-out all the options , and choose what is right for your needs. This is my opinion., You have a very nice combination, with alot invested. You have one of the finest ECM's, I would not leave any stock components in the ignition system, it appears to me a weak link. I honestly do not want to sound condisending [spelled wrong i know], cut the chase, your ignition combo IMO , Fast seq.[ only because you already have it,and it does what it was designed for well ,....the newer ECM's have improved options]....,cam sync distributor, SS wheel and bracket , MSD7al-2, MSD Pro power coil, and a good set of wires. I wouldnt top it off with anything less, . You will bring out all the HP and Torque the engine is capable of by using a Pro proven, top shelf designed ignition system.....Thanks JEFF

Back