You can type here any text you want

Distributor vs cam sensor setup pros-cons??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jmccustoms

Just wondering what the difference performance wise, whats the difference between distributor and factory cam sensor setup? And how is the dist. hooked up with the computer, or is it for aftermarket computer setups only? :confused:

Aftermarket computer is the only way you'll be able run a dist. Not sure the small gains (if any) would be worth the expense. Unless you're planning a HUGE horsepower build up.

question....so it's possible to run a distributor if i have a fast computer running my engine?

I can't speak for anybody else but i saw no difference at 9.40. I switched from the distributor back to the DIS at the track and it made no difference. The 2 step built into aftermarket fuel management works much better with a distributor. If you aren't running a 2 step don't waste your time.

getting the point

thanks guys, well i am running a msd 6 dis rev limiter 2 step, going to have to look in to it a little bit more once again thanks guys

Back