Dk. Blue Metallic 86 T-type

86 TR

Work In Progress
Here's a pic of my ride. The photo makes the car look better than it is. Its faded out real bad on the hood, trunk, roof. I picked the car up about 2 years ago for $4000. Its a solid texas car with no rust. Its going in this winter for a full restoration. The unique thing about it is that is has tan leather interior with the column shift. I have only seen one other car like it. Its different. I like it.

Ive got the mechanicals dialed in so now its time for the body.:D

100_0402.jpg

According to Kirban's book the production figures for Tan leather in 1986 T-type's are only 55 :eek: You have a SWEET color combo! I noticed that many of these ultra rare AS7 (Leather)cars were ordered with the electronic climate control also. The figures for Gray leather are 124 in 1986. Here's a pic of the book where this info comes from. I wonder if there were any cream beige 86 T-type's made with tan leather?

Cover of the book
http://i5.tinypic.com/4c2wf3c.jpg

Larger pic of a couple of pages
http://i19.tinypic.com/3z7ls83.jpg

Nice! Please post pics after you give her a fresh coat of paint.

Good luck with the project and nice find.

Will do. I will take some pics. before, during and after the new paint job. This way I can document the progress and get the right insured value for the car!!:cool:

that's a pretty blue Regal ya got there..
my 84 is the same color, but has the boring (but lightweight and functional) blue cloth interior with split bnch seat, old school heater controls, and crank up windows.
if you're gonna be at the Car Craft show in st Paul next week, we could get a "class pic" of a pair of blue T types.

Like the blue, Id go back to original color since it is rare. Im not sure about the pin stripe though. I guess if you wanted to be totally original.

Will do. I will take some pics. before, during and after the new paint job. This way I can document the progress and get the right insured value for the car!!:cool:

I am looking forward to seeing the pics. Do you know what Buick called that color?