You can type here any text you want

DLS Stroker crank redesign ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

A friend of mine is looking to buy one of DLS/Dans BA Performance stroker cranks . From my understanding from what I've been told , some new improvements/redesign have been made to the cranks . Any ideas as to what has been improved or has been changed ? Dan ? Thanks !

Your best bet Tim would be to give him a call. I don't think you will find your answer here as this product is new and not yet released (I believe). Better to get your answers right from the horses mouth so there is no confusion.

A friend of mine is looking to buy one of DLS/Dans BA Performance stroker cranks . From my understanding from what I've been told , some new improvements/redesign have been made to the cranks . Any ideas as to what has been improved or has been changed ? Dan ? Thanks !

Tim,
They were redesigned by Dan for me! I told him I wanted a better crank than yours (just to Pizz you off!) :)
He said I'll do it for that reason only, but he wont tell you the majic he did to make em better! Part of the deal I made with him. Like Mike said, maybe you should call & bribe him for info but keep my name outta it! ;)

PS: I'll give $100 for yours tonite if you want??? Just trying to help a buddy out even tho its a boat anchor! :)

No biggie I'm just curious . :) Just like to keep on top of the latest info and improvements on things available to us . :)

Vacuum 6 not sure of the full price on the Kit . Best to call I guess .

What Was Wrong With The First Stroker Cranks....let Me Rephase That,what Is Better With The New Ones:d

DLS Engine Development and BA Performance want to introduce our latest crankshaft. First is the new billet 3.750 stroke crank and a redesigned 3.625 forging. Both of these crankshafts were developed from a clean sheet of paper, designed by one of the foremost crankshaft engineers in the country.
I will be posting a complete run down on my web site shortly.

DLS Engine Development and BA Performance want to introduce our latest crankshaft. First is the new billet 3.750 stroke crank and a redesigned 3.625 forging. Both of these crankshafts were developed from a clean sheet of paper, designed by one of the foremost crankshaft engineers in the country.
I will be posting a complete run down on my web site shortly.

Thanks Dan . interesting to see what the redesign is . Wondering if the redesign addresses the connecting rod to piston clearance .
Thanks again . :)

Wow........3.75 Stroke is big for these engines. How do you keep the rods away from the cam? Smaller base circle cam? bigger notch in the rod?

DR

Buick V6, Stroker Cranks are here!!!
We are pleased to introduce our newest parts for the Buick V6. First is our forged 3.625"
stroker crank (right side). It is completely redesigned from a clean sheet of paper by one
of the foremost crank designers in the country. This piece is forged from 40CRNiMoA
(equal to SAE4340) material. We corrected the oil feeds, counter weight placement, key
way problems and flange issues. It has been nitrided and has aero features on the
counter weights. We have also upgraded the rod journals to the wide type to allow for
the next level of performance. Next we have our Billet 3.750" Stroker crank, that will fit in
a Buick V6. This is it Guy’s! The biggest stroke that will fit in a Buick V6. It will now be
possible to build up to 290 cubic inches. This crank also incorporates all of the features
of our forged piece. It will take special connecting rods, as the rod journals are 2.100" in
size. We will also be introducing our newly designed connecting rods for both
crankshafts so stay tuned.

Back