You can type here any text you want

Dodge Magnum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
Anyone see this? http://www.dodge.com/magnum/

We've been looking for a family car/truck and this looks like it might be the ticket. I wanted a Supercharged Harley F-150, but my wife doesn't feel comfortable driving a truck, and it gets really bad gas mileage.

What do you guys think?

James

i love the looks but the only dodge you will ever see me drive is a CTD 2500 4x4..

dodge still is living down a bad stigma with me.. trannys going out left and right paint etc.

but the car looks tuff as hell though

Dathan

A family sports car/wagon COOL!
I say if this makes her & you happy go 4 it.

You may end up fighting over who drives it :)

Teachers must make a lot more than I thought. Nice ride. I wish I could afford a nice new magnum and a baby on the way. I would go for it while you can.

I owned one

They made a Magnum in 77 and 78 and I bought a Silver one in 87 and sold it in 92. Funny thing is I just recently saw that car one day in the town I live in now, which is 80 miles north of where I grew up and sold it. They came with the 318 and mine was ordered with a 360. It looked like a "smoother" Cordorba, with flip down headlight covers.

Sorry I got carried away:D , but didn't know if everyone knew they sold the name before.

That thing only come with a HEMI? 153 MPH that is one heck of a grocery getter.. It will even take those Ford SHO( OOPS that sho is another thread)

IMO fugly as hell.

If you want a station wagon with some guts get a WRX:cool:

~$30k with the hemi sounds good to me ($25k would sound nicer). Still wish they had the lights like on the concept, but I'm liking this a lot more after hearing the price is reasonable. I'd MUCH rather have that than an SUV if we have a 2nd child. IMO, wagons are cool. Big SUV's aren't something I'm crazy about, and I'd rather not do a minivan if possible. The wagon fits the bill, and with a lot more room than the wagon WRX (more of a hatchback). Plus a good ole V8 and RWD. :cool:

It's on our short list too.

I liked the concept better myself, but this looks pretty close. In black it's very nice. :D

WRX is still too small for me. Plus, doesnt' look as cool IMO. Also, this car/wagon can tow almost 4000lbs! Can you say GN hauler? :D I predict many aftermarket parts too. I'd be first in line for a supercharger. I will spray if I have to :eek:

As far as I know, the Hemi is the only engine option. No Viper engine as of yet :confused: Interior shots looks very nice too. Got to show the wife now.

James

Where you going to find a 400 pound car trailer? Gn is 3600 or more. Most trailers are around 1000-1300#. Not going to tow a GN with this.

Where you going to find a 400 pound car trailer? Gn is 3600 or more. Most trailers are around 1000-1300#. Not going to tow a GN with this

Track is only a few miles away. I think I'll be okay :p Plus, with mods it should have plenty of power!

BTW, not all of them have the Hemi. Only the R/T which is 29,999.

I like it, I m glad the price is lower.....at first I heard low 40's.....thats the car I would buy.....hands down if I didn t already have a 57 chevy wagon.

The hemi is good, real good.......its an ls1 killer waiting to happen.

BTW, black is the best coler on it.....just get some 17 inch silver or silver with black center wheels.....with some nittos on them.

On a side note.....if yor willing to do a custom hitch I d bet it could tow just fine.....I towed with my impala ss a lot......probably up to 8000 lbs across town......4000-4500 out of town many many times. Although I do have a 98 quad cab 4x4 duallie now with a 12 v cummins ofcourse......and future plans are a rather large enclosed trailer.....

The magnum is good, and you can probably even work on it....thats why I got my impala over a sts caddy.....I don t know squat about a caddy,, but a chebby, heck thats almost as easy as dodge.

When/if you get it.....please let us know about it.

I like it, I m glad the price is lower.....at first I heard low 40's.....thats the car I would buy.....hands down if I didn t already have a 57 chevy wagon.

Sure will! The only problem is I hear a supercharged 420hp version is due out later and will be called the SRT-8. I don't want to buy then miss out on that version.

BTW Neal, my wife makes all the moola :D

I heard rumors of a supercharged version too @ 450 HP.....and rumors of dodge already making a stroker! Somewhere around 6.5 L..........
I d wait too........if its true.

Wagons are finally making a comeback. Better ride than SUVs and not so huge. Funny how things go in a big circle.

I think it is really a neat vehicle and a nice motor in there to boot! A 345 horse family car - sign me up! I have heard there is tremendous potential in the Hemi and big plans at DC to make more powerful variants.

I am not a brand loyal buyer when it comes to cars, but we have a DC minivan, and a PT cruiser and they have been very reliable, in fact neither has been returned to the dealer for anything. Matter of fact I like them better than the Accord we own. A couple cars before these we owned an Intrepid and ran that over 100k with no problems to speak of.

Good luck in your decision.

Originally posted by Pronto
Wagons are finally making a comeback. Better ride than SUVs and not so huge. Funny how things go in a big circle.

Yeah right A big circle.. I am glad wagons are coming back since that is all I was hauled around as a Kid.

WONDER WHAT the 2006 IMPALA SS KINGWOOD is going to look like?

What version of the HEMI is this? Is it similar to the ole 392 and then the 426 or is it a different engine?

I'm assuming it is a different engine with just hemi heads.

Chrysler started making replacement 426 blocks several years ago for the resto crowd.

Terry

Pretty sure it's a totally different engine ~353 cubes. Magnum is rated at 340hp stock with supposedly lots of potential.

James

I liked the concept they showed in Car and Driver and such but the one there actually making in the link you showed ..... sucks. At least the front end anyway. Why do they take a concept car on tour and get everybody wanting them to make it and then they change everything on it that made it cool in the first place. The front end on the concept was aggressive looking and cool. That thing looks like something my grandma would drive, from the front view. Maybe it will look better to me when I actually see one.:)

Back