You can type here any text you want

Does anyone know anything about this block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I would like to see a picture period. That and some casting #'s would go a long ways in making a deal. Sad part is the seller doesn't seem interested enough to do it :confused:

A better shot from a differnernt angle at those center main caps would be nice. The casting number could help but the GNTType casting number list doesn't have all the special block casting numbers listed.

Jason

There looks to not be provisions for the extra head bolts.

Maybe this guy just set 4 bolt caps on it to throw us off??

Looking at the pan rails it appears to be a production casting. My guess would be a late 70's early 80's 3.8.
Anyone that isnt willing to give casting numbers or other pics is obviously trying to scam. I would pass on it if that is that case.

Not A Scam!

This Is A Good Block.

I know this block. I had one just like it.

The casting # is 25500003.

I thought it was a Stage I Proto Type. It has the heavy duty main webbing as a Stage I but doesn't have the extra head bolts. It also weighs the same as a Stage I/II block. It comes with 2 bolt mains but has the extra meat to put the 4 bolt mains in the center . It would be a good block for some one who wants to build a mid 9 sec car. (not something I would use to make 800 RWHP)

Hope this helps

Originally posted by Intercooler
So it isn't worth $1000.00 one way or the other.

I dont know about that. I've seen a Virgin "109" block go as high as $750. (and this block has more meat)Plus this one come with four bolt steel center main caps. I think $1000 is a fair price. See if he'll pay shipping?!?

OOOPS:eek: !!! Look what I did. I used Virgin & Meat in the same thread. Get your minds out of the gutter!:D

Back