You can type here any text you want

Does anyone run 17x9.5" Torque Thrust II's on the rear of a TR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qwiktim

Just wondering if there is a picture out there showing a 9.5" wheel on the rear with maybe a 275/40?

Does it fit with no mods and no rubbing?

JD,
How well do those hook up for daily street driving? How much boost do you run on the street?

they hook pretty good depending on the surface. I have pulled a 1.66 on them at the track. On the street they light up from anything below 40 or so but not to the point of the car not accelerating(still pulls away from most cars i encounter). This is on 26-27 psi alky/93 so its in mid 11 sec trim all the time.

JD, do you have any side shots?? also what's front wheel sizing?
looks good

thanks

5ltretr said:
JD, do you have any side shots??

I'd also appreciate some side views of the car, because I think I'm gunna go with TTIIs on my car this summer as well. If you have any other shots, post them. :cool:

Is that the stock ride hight....eg..stock springs front and rear, no air shocks or bags inflated? Because that tire/wheel/stance combo is absolutely stunning to say the least....exactly what I'm looking for....what tire did you go with in the front?

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks those wheels look great. :cool:

Like GNHEAD said, are any suspension changes necessary to get these to fit? I'm definately going to place an order in time for summer, so I wanna know if I can squeeze the 9.5s in back or if that'd require more money in suspension parts.

GN HEAD said:
Is that the stock ride hight....eg..stock springs front and rear, no air shocks or bags inflated? Because that tire/wheel/stance combo is absolutely stunning to say the least....exactly what I'm looking for....what tire did you go with in the front?

I have stock worn out springs front and back that sag just right haha, along with bilsteins. No suspension or chassis changes were required although i would recomend bilsteins or some other stiff shock as the rears would rub a tiny bit when i put passengers in the back when i had the worn out stockers. I have airbags but they were not inflated during the pictures. I plan on running a set of Howe lower ball joints with the longer studs to get the 1/2"-3/4" drop that is said to go along with them as well as better suspension geometry. I'm not willing to go with lowering springs as i don't want to give up my ability to launch at the track. The fronts are 245/45/17 nitto 555s. They handle very well and work great in wet weather so far. Thanks for the compliments guys

JDSfastGN said:
I have stock worn out springs front and back that sag just right haha, along with bilsteins. No suspension or chassis changes were required although i would recomend bilsteins or some other stiff shock as the rears would rub a tiny bit when i put passengers in the back when i had the worn out stockers. I have airbags but they were not inflated during the pictures. I plan on running a set of Howe lower ball joints with the longer studs to get the 1/2"-3/4" drop that is said to go along with them as well as better suspension geometry. I'm not willing to go with lowering springs as i don't want to give up my ability to launch at the track. The fronts are 245/45/17 nitto 555s. They handle very well and work great in wet weather so far. Thanks for the compliments guys

Thanks for the information. I never let more than one person in my car (passenger seat), so I think I'll be ok. ;)

So, do the rear wheels have costom back spacing.....according to the American Racing site, that's the only way you can get the 4.75 back spacing, or am I doing something wrong? They are the polished, and not the chrome, right? I'm trying to get an idea of what kinda overtime I'm gonna have to work to get my car a fresh new look like yours.

GN HEAD said:
So, do the rear wheels have costom back spacing.....according to the American Racing site, that's the only way you can get the 4.75 back spacing, or am I doing something wrong? They are the polished, and not the chrome, right? I'm trying to get an idea of what kinda overtime I'm gonna have to work to get my car a fresh new look like yours.

Yes you have to go with a custom wheel from them to get the correct BS. I actually bought my wheels used from a friend of a friend because they were just sitting around and needed to get rid of them(300 for the set..:cool:. They had been on His S10. The front Bs of 4" was correct but the rears were way off but again they were way too good of a deal to pass up. So i ordered a set of adapters from www.skulte.com. After doing all the final measurements they came out to 4.75"BS. I plan on a custom ordered rear set with the correct 4.75 BS in the future but right now im on a college budget and the adapters will have to do. Yes they are the polished aluminum.

Back