does anyone sell a complete aftermarket harness?

only"T"intown

I have a 3.8 sc from a 2000 regal gs that I bought after a local mechanic misdiagnosed a bad sc barring for a bad sc. Anyway he replaced the entire engine for his customer and now I have this complete engine . I would like to fix the barring problem and use the motor in something like a fiero if I could come up with a wireing harness and computer. Any help would be appreciated. I would also be willing to sell it so make me an offer if you need an extra engine. It has just under 100k miles.
Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the link. I emailed him but haven't heard anything back yet. I found out today that the engine is a 96 and not the 2000 that I thought it was. What were the big differences between the 96 and 2000 year model engines?

Look at the engine cover. Is it series I or II? I think it would be very similar if it is a Series II, but not Series I.

JasonGS said:
Look at the engine cover. Is it series I or II? I think it would be very similar if it is a Series II, but not Series I.

I'll have to go take a look, it's in a friends garage. What year did they switch from series I to the series II?

Brad Zeidler said:
Casper engineering makes a harness, last time I called it was around 700 bucks.
Yeah, that's why I said to contact the other guy (Ed Morad). He sells used stuff for a good price.

They switched to the Series II in some vehicles in 96.

Aftermarket harness

Well, I'm talking about an aftermarket harness which is what I think only T is after. I've done a conversion with a stock harness and let me tell you, the next one I will do it with a readymade harness that is easy to deal with. My next project is an 83 Shelby Charger I'm converting to reardrive with a SC3800, T5 5speed, and an independent rear suspension from an 89 AWD Pontiac 6000 STE.

Sorry guys I've been out of the loop a while. Scotty, PM me with price. Brad I would definately be interested in an aftermarket harness but I can't go 700 bucks. Where can I get one cheaper? I'm in the process of trading for a 87 GT Fiero 5 speed that would be a good candidate for the 3800. Thanks guys,
Steve

I know 700 sounds like a lot of money, but I can tell you from my own experience retrofitting a stock harness into my 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe using the harness from the 85 turbo Regal. You'll probably at some point get fed up with the project because you're starting to pull your hair out trying to get it going. I did get mine going, but like I said, this next project is going to be done with a much neater and less hassling harness. :cool:

I have an 84 turbo regal and I can see why you had trouble. I have actually considered making an adapter plate and using that engine in a Fiero. By the way its for sale if you're interested. Did you switch the 85 3.8 turbo engine into your Lesabre or did you use the harness and turbo set up on a sc short block. either way it's interesting.
Steve

Brad Zeidler said:
I know 700 sounds like a lot of money, but I can tell you from my own experience retrofitting a stock harness into my 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe using the harness from the 85 turbo Regal. You'll probably at some point get fed up with the project because you're starting to pull your hair out trying to get it going. I did get mine going, but like I said, this next project is going to be done with a much neater and less hassling harness. :cool:

My 78 Lesabre carbed turbo to 85 SFI

Okay I know I'm in the SC 3800 column but to straighten out exactly what I did to my Lesabre is I got rid of the carb setup and used everything to upgrade it to the 85 Regal SFI turbo 3.8 setup. My next project will be using a SC 3800 installed in an 83 Dodge Shelby Charger converted to rear drive with a third generation F-body T5 manual trans running to a modified independent rearend I got from an all wheel drive Pontiac 6000 STE. That car needs a total rewiring anyways so I am not going to sit there with a complete stock harness and start cutting and splicing. Casper engineering said it's just like painless wirings LS1/LT1 kits, supply the 12 volt ignition source and get your starter wires hooked up and you're good to go(almost). You still have your wires to run into the car, fuel pump, and so on.