does TV cable affect WOT shift points

bar87

a whirlwind of doom
my trans was shifting late at part trottle,so i adjusted TV cable for better part throttle shifts...at WOT,the motor feels "lazy" (doesnt pull as hard)at high RPM.is my car shifting late?factory tach reads off the scale,scanmaster rpms seem to be at low 5000's but it only updates every 1.5 sec...or maybe the valvesprings?(definitely need replacing) will TV adjustment affect WOT shift points?

so adjusting the TV for an earlier,less firm part trottle shift=later WOT shift? anything else i can adjust besides TV cable? just go do the valvesprings first?what should my shift point be anyway(stock cam)?:confused:

Originally posted by bar87
so adjusting the TV for an earlier,less firm part trottle shift=later WOT shift?
NO!!! earlier is earlier period the softer the earlier

Originally posted by bar87

what should my shift point be anyway(stock cam)?:confused:
4900-5100 is stock

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

anything else i can adjust besides TV cable? just go do the valvesprings first?

If miles on motor good idea....:)

My car has started doing kinda the opposite. Leaving the car in Drive at the track and at WOT the car is holding in low too long. Car doesn't shift from 1st until around 5600, car stumbles a little at that shift point. I've adjusted the TV cable and no matter where i put it, it does the same thing. Any Ideas? It has also gotten where the rpm's flare up on the shifts about 300 rpm's under normal driving.

TIA