Doing some homework for my new TTA

Irid

Just drove my "new to me" TTA home this weekend. Been trolling the board and doing research for some time now, but looking to see what you all recommend for this specific combo.

The car has 45k miles, a TA49, Blue Top injectors, KB wires, fresh R42TLS plugs gapped at .033, fresh fuel filter, Thrasher chip (unknown exact type, but was told it's a street chip), cold air kit, high flow cat, fresh coil pack, underdrive pullies (pulling those out soon, eek), and an aftermarket plenum (how do I identify the heimco from the PTE?), a 160 degree thermostat and an adjustable fuel pressure reg (45 pounds w/no vacuum).

I did some housecleaning on it this weekend (checking plugs, replaced fuel filter, replaced vacuum lines, checked fuel pressure, replaced tranny fluid and filter, greased all the fittings, changed the oil, etc.) and am about to throw it on the computer to see what it says, as soon as I can find my dang floppy adapter..

In any case, tomorrow I'm ordering the racetronix Walbro 340 and hotwire kit (unknown pump in the car, screw that!), and I'd like to swap out the chip with something more current. I hate the thrasher security setup, and the "low boost" programming in the higher gears. The car is a daily driver, will get an SMC kit as soon as I work out all the little kinks, and I'd like to be in "kill mode" all the time. I can rarely make it to the dragstrip, but get in freeway roll-on brawls and such fairly often ;-)

I'd like to spring for something with some adjustability, like a multichip with different timing/boost settings, mapped for the TA49 and the blue tops.

Suggestions? Anything I should take care of other than the spring cleaning goodies and what I mentioned above? Been reading about the valve springs and thinking about doing those with the slightly higher # items, but wanted to see how everything goes with the fuel pump and updated chip. I've been reading good things about the Jay Carter chips, any other suggestions for my combo? What's the best place to pick one up?

FYI "back in the day" the car made 380 on the ground and ran 12.1 @ 113 at 20PSI, this was the owner before the owner I purchased the car from.

Thanks.

I would use the AC CR 43TS plugs gapped at .035 (42's are a bit cold for your combo) Everything you are doing, or plan to do is right on track :) Get yourself a knock detector for safety. What scan tool are you talking about when you mentioned your laptop? As far a chip choice goes, Jay carter makes a variable timing chip (tire shredder :) ) that uses Ken Mosher's (Maker of TurboLink) boost sensing harness, and a 3 bar MAP sensor (which you already have)
Jay@Speedismybitch.com.

If you want to spend more $$$, the Max Effort thumbwheel or Translator + and Extender chip are both great setups.

Paul

Actually, AC R42LTS is stock. Remember the TTA has different heads.

As for chips, Testa makes a good one. I've had pretty good luck with the Thrasher's also.

Thanks Rob :) My oversight on the plugs.
I second you on Jim Testa chips, but I didnt mention him or a few others because it looked like Irid was looking for something like a thumbwheel or something that had variable timing.

Paul