You can type here any text you want

Don't like my 6x9 adaptors-need suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I bought adaptors and put in my speakers and don't care for them. The pass side rattles a bit and sound like they're laying in the trunk. Can't barely hear them when the car is running, but then I have no exhaust past the rusted out dual y after the cat. I had a 84 skylark that had 4x10s that were factory and sounded WAY better than what's in there now. Could this just be a combo of LOUD CAR, bigger cabin space, smaller dash speakers? Any suggestions? DOn't want to put in subs or anything like that. my 6x9s are 3 way pioneers. 50x4 Pioneer deck.

for the rattling i went to home depot and bought some rubber door seal strips with one sided tape. i dont really like my 6x9s with adapters that much im thinkin gof taking my 4x10 kenwoods out of my cutlass

speakers could be out of phase.if stereo was wired correctlly,the dark colors are positive;

LR + BROWN
LR - YELLOW

RR + DRK BLUE
RR - LT BLUE

if ONE is wrong the sound will suck.

That explains YEARS of crappy sound in my Camaro, and probably this one too. I'll check it out and get back tomorrow. Going out tonight and gettin drunk for my birthday:tongue: (which is tomorrow) and going to work hungover:biggrin: ! I hope the hangover is worth it. It isn't so much the rattles that bother me its just the NO POWER factor.

I agree. Those adapters suck. I drilled through the rear deck and secured my 6x9s with bolts/nuts. The front two bolts go into the interior of the car. The back two bolts go through sheet metal inside the trunk. They are definately not loose now. I did this to my four-dour car, but my 2 door looks like it would work too. I wouldn't say this is the "right" thing to do, but it is definately better than the adapters.

Attachments

• speaker1.jpg
    speaker1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 143
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 139
Yeah don't really wanna drill holes. I think I might buy some new 4x10s some year. Turbo drivetrain in a regal 4 door. That's gotta be cool. The thought has crossed my mind a few times beings I have a kid. Make an awesome daily driver I bet.:cool:

Back