door handle

Broke while trying to re install after cleaning. Anyone know if you can still get these? what is the name of the part?View attachment 34217

I picked one up from the local auto parts "help" section. It wont have the white stripe but you should be able to find that at any sign shop or similar place.

Actualy this door handle! My attachment is not working, here it is again IMG_0052.jpg

Find one from a GTA, they are the same. You may have to dye since some plastic pieces do not match the vinyl covering of the handle or door panel very well.

Only used 87 - 89 on the Trans Am's .... our color Beechwood only used 88 - 89

Mine was missing when I got my car and so far all I found in beechwood was one that been broken in half that I could glue back together .... took me about 4 years to find ... still looking for a nice correct color one.

There's plenty of grey out there as well as the 87 tan color ....

So to dye one of these how do you go about and what dye do you buy (and where) that correctly match our interior color? I got a relly nice grey one I can dye but only if it comes out very close to the original beechwood color....

Jan, as you know this has been a disastrous year for this car! Radio problems, chasing knock issues, my A/C compressor died, and the crack that was found in the header. Now this:mad: Anyway Classic Industries has 88-89 interior door handles but only in black and gray. Does anyone know what the correct color dye would be? Who makes it? By the way Jan, thanks again for those schematics, I'm going out to start diagnosing the radio issues as I'm off today. This reminds me of what Car & Driver said in their '89 road test counterpoint of the TTA "Park it before it goes poof!":(

Jan, as you know this has been a disastrous year for this car! Radio problems, chasing knock issues, my A/C compressor died, and the crack that was found in the header. Now this:mad: Anyway Classic Industries has 88-89 interior door handles but only in black and gray. Does anyone know what the correct color dye would be? Who makes it? By the way Jan, thanks again for those schematics, I'm going out to start diagnosing the radio issues as I'm off today. This reminds me of what Car & Driver said in their '89 road test counterpoint of the TTA "Park it before it goes poof!":(

I know what it's like ... not driven mine since June last year when I pulled the engine due to knock and it turned out the main bearings were shot ....

For the door armrest trim piece, it's not part of the armrest so would not come with the armrest ... see http://www.tta1078.com/looking4/looking4.html and at the bottom of the page you see what the small plastic piece looks like you need to get hold of.

They become very brittle with age and when removing the armrest they basicly fall apart ... so used once in good condition is hard to come by :(