You can type here any text you want

door hinge replacement?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I do many of these, actually rebuild them then sell the replacement hinges as a set. I find it easier and less headache to cut the pin in half with a cut off wheel AFTER the spring is removed....it must be removed. You are replacing the pin anyways, so getting rid of it in the middle is the easiest way. I usually do a set in about 30 minutes, however I have the tools, and the supplies and bushings that I buy in bulk onhand ready to do. Your other alternative....which I would do if I were in your shoes is to buy a set of upper hinges, throw away your older ones and move on. Usually the bottom hinges are not weight bearing as much as the upper and last 3 times longer than the upper.

I do many of these, actually rebuild them then sell the replacement hinges as a set. I find it easier and less headache to cut the pin in half with a cut off wheel AFTER the spring is removed....it must be removed. You are replacing the pin anyways, so getting rid of it in the middle is the easiest way. I usually do a set in about 30 minutes, however I have the tools, and the supplies and bushings that I buy in bulk onhand ready to do. Your other alternative....which I would do if I were in your shoes is to buy a set of upper hinges, throw away your older ones and move on. Usually the bottom hinges are not weight bearing as much as the upper and last 3 times longer than the upper.
What do the hinges go for?

The gm door spring tool is like $8, and the bushings and pins are like $5 each. My door are off the car because I need to paint it, so it's not difficult to get to the hinges.

Back