Door Lock Question

Six Banger

Destination Detonation
I am looking to theft proof a little and was wondering if anybody knows where to get the door lock knobs that are straight, as opposed to the stock chrome ones, that a kid and a coat hanger can get into the car with? I remember seeing them on other GMs, but I cant remember which models. I also looked in the "Help" section at Autozone with no luck. I didnt want to just unscrew the stock ones, leaving a threaded rod sticking up. TIA

My 84 El Camino had straight ones. Don't know it they are stock or not, but they looked sh1tty enough to be stock.

Personally, I leave the notched ones on because I lock my keys in the ignition ALL the time.

Chances are, that someone is not going to break in to your car using a coat hanger. They will just break the window out or jamb a screwdriver in and turn the door lock. Yeah that still happens... my buddy's 2001 F350 super duty was just stolen the other day. They found it (surprised the heck out of me) the next day and all that was used was a screwdriver to pop the door lock and then the ignition.

None the less, you can get them at any Checker/Shucks/Kragen, autozone, even wally mart.

Make sure you have a spare key in your wallet or hidden on the car somewhere.

Find a parts store that sells the brand "Champ" Its just like the help brand, they sell all sorts of stuff like that. I remember back when I worked at a local parts store, that brand carried those. But that was back in '96. Good luck

James hondatech78@yahoo.com:)