You can type here any text you want

Door trim parts....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Does anybody know what other '81 on up G-Body cars have the same doors as the Regal?

I don't really need doors but I want to replace the outer door belt weatherstrip on both doors.

I could buy them new from JCwitney but they limit what GM parts they have to specific cars and they are not too bright when it comes to interchanging.

Can anyone help? :D

Hello Freddie, The only other doors that are the same are the 81-87 Cutlass. Those belt strips are discontinued for the standard Regals but I have used the ones from a Cutlass with out any problems. The only difference is the Regal used a chrome molding about 3/8" wide and the Cutlass is a little less than a 1/4". I have a set of these new for $40.00 apiece plus S&H. If you are interested post back(I dont answer PM's everyday) or call me at 1-866-665-6568 ext.6144.

Eric Fisher

:eek: $40.00 each......You're talking to the almighty 'do it yourself' cheapest of all forum members. I don't need them at this moment but I'll keep it in mind. (I know you did say they're brand new).

By the way, the ones you're selling.....are they NOS from an Olds or a Regal? :)

I think if you buy the ones from turbofish38 and then take
the W/S off your old trim strip and take the W/S off
the new ones and put them on your old trim strips,
the problem is fixed. It worked for me on my 84
with the wide trim strip.

Hello everyone. First mine are OEM brand new GM for a Cutlass. I have them on my 455 Regal. I know, I'm also a cheap a** but I figure this is the best thing to do to keep as much water as possible from rusting out the bottom of my doors with out putting the black GN moldings on it. 6 to Go, those strips you are talking about are actually for the Limiteds and they wont work to well with the standard molding because the chrome doesn't seperate from them and if you just screw them to the door there is a gap that channels water on top of it.

Eric

Originally posted by turbofish38
First mine are OEM brand new GM for a Cutlass. I have them on my 455 Regal.

Eric

Eric ...you have them installed? :confused:

Anyway will you accept $30.00 for each plus S&H? :)

Hello Freddie, Yeah I've had them on for over a year now. Only a real Buick expert can tell the difference. $40.00 apiece is the bottom dollar as these are at my cost. Eric

Back