Doors stuck in lock and key will not unlock them. HELP

xXch0dyXx

All,

I finally received my GN to TX after waiting 2 years to get it moved down from IN after some work. Car came late last night, so I just pulled in drive, locked it, and let it sit waiting for today.

I just went out to unlock it, and the key will not unlock either side. It is the correct key, as I have a backup. It moves the lock ever so slightly, and feels like the power locks have the lock engaged to where it cannot move. Any advise? I do not want to have to break a window, as I have a car show Friday that I am going to attend.

Summary: Doors are both locked, correct keys will not turn the locks, power lock car, feels like power locks are stuck engaged...

Thanks,
Cody

If you are feeling really helpful, shoot me a PM so I can give you my number.

These are easy to break into so don't break the glass. A coat hanger and some patience will be all you need. Make a c on one end of the hanger and VERY carefully slide it between the window and weather strip. Be careful not to rip your weather strip. Monkey around until you hook the knob, lift it till it pops and presto you are in.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Be sure that you are turning the key in the correct direction. I have had older cars an then a '92. The '92 unlocks turning the key in the opposite direction of the older cars.

If the door lock actuators are the cause, the battery will end up drained. Troublesome, but the hood can be popped from under the car. Then disconnect the battery.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Try shooting some lube into the lock with one of those small red straws. Gently exercise the lock back & forth. Spray some more, etc.

Does the trunk unlock & open?

Good luck.