You can type here any text you want

Down pipe with wastegate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Chick

I have an 87 with a turbo tweak chip 60lb injector combo along with cold air. I'm looking to move on to the next phase and go for the down pipe wastegate combo and exhaust. For exhaust I know what I want but as far as down pipes not 100% on who to get from. Any info would be appreciated.... Likes and dislikes.

I have a 3.5" with a external gate that works well . Plumed into a single 4" exsaust they are both from GN1 performance . There are plenty of options out there just have to look and see what you like . Anything 3" and above will flow enough to support just about anything you would want to do . I have put 500+ to the wheel through a 3" pipe FYI

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
Dank do you have any clearance issues with the 3.5 downpipe ? Thanks

I have an 87 with a turbo tweak chip 60lb injector combo along with cold air. I'm looking to move on to the next phase and go for the down pipe wastegate combo and exhaust. For exhaust I know what I want but as far as down pipes not 100% on who to get from. Any info would be appreciated.... Likes and dislikes.

All you need is a 3 inch downpipe. I would like to see you stick with a new heavy duty stock type adjustable wastegate for now. You wouldn't need an external type until much further down the line (big turbo, big boost, electronic controllers, 10 second performance, yada, yada, yada....). Even if you wanted to add an external wastegate later, you could always vent it to the atmosphere. It's more important that the wastegate hole in your turbo's exhaust housing is lined up with the new wastgate puck on the new downpipe you choose. This requires a little trace and cut and grind work to make sure it's just so.

I agree with NY .I have no AC ,inner fenders ect. So there is not really that much to hit lol .

Thanks for the replies..... I'm not doing anything more aside from that. The rest is just suspension, big brakes and new rims.

Now who to get the down pipe from?

T/A performance/ Arizona GN or RJC 3" with internal gate. Both are very nice pipes.
You have said your finances are tight these days. I agree with TURBOTIMMER. But you may want to first search for a used one like above. 304 Stainless can be cleaned up real nice with some Scotch-Brite. If it's not damaged bent dented or cracked, then it's the same as new.

I may get flamed for saying this but in my worthless opinion, based on you current mods I would say you can afford to wait on a downpipe. If money is tight it can be better spent elsewhere. Like replacing those flowmasters :)

Back