downpipes???

buttonfly

The stable....
Allright this is what you are working with. I have recently departed from the 5.0 crowd (347 stroker with no power adder, art carr prepped tranny and so on 12.0 consistently, best of 11.92). Anyways I now have a te44c, 42.5 injectors, looking to by a good stock location i/c. I know someone with a good bgc intercooler, I wanted to know about recommendations on a downpipe. Mease or the thdp. anyone know wich works the best with my combo. I want to set my goal for 11.70's or so. I do plan on running alky or methonal, but that raises a whole bunch more questions. any help at all would be appreciated!!! thanx

I have both the Mease and THDP. Two cars.

Both work fine and are integral wastegate setups.

What you need to know with ANY replacement 3" downpipe is what the length of it once installed to the turbo will be to your exhaust flange which on my car is the typical GM 4 bolt and dual exhaust in the stock location using the stock exhaust hangers.

I cut the THDP to equal the length of the Mease pipe and can use my Random Tech. cat. on each car and have hollow ones for the two years in between tests for each car.

That length will determine the size of cat. you will need or hollow cat. or test pipe, whatever you will be using on the car. Easiest to buy that stuff with a new pipe but if buying used you may need to hunt down some 3" cat. or test pipe stuff to make it work easy. No big deal.

Otherwise just install some studs in the turbo exhaust housing and slide the DP on and bolt it up.

I have a Mease stretch stock location intercooler that works well as well as an old V4 CAS intercooler both stock location.

Both pump gas and alky. street cars.

There's plenty of info. on stock location intercoolers and for your goals you can't go wrong with most any of them present or used out there assuming good condition no leaks and good cores etc.