You can type here any text you want

Drag Radials or??Help Pick Rear Tire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

House

I am picking up a set of 17x8 with 4.5bs and plan on running
275-50-17's
I am looking at nitto drag radials
I only drive car in nice weather and 5-7k miles a summer
ocassional will get caught on light rain
hit the drag strip 2-3xs a summer
play around on street alot
help me pick a rear tire
I dont want to mount a set of slicks on another set of rims so rule that out

Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial. Hands down. I've run Nittos, BFG's, etc......For comparison on the larger rim, I have 315/30/18's on my Supra, the car makes 1061rwhp and it HOOKS it when the tires are hot. Best tire for traction on the street and it's not even close. The Supra spun the tires AGGRESSIVELY at 100mph with the BFG's and my twin turbo Heffner Gallardo would spin ALL FOUR at 1016awhp with the Nittos. Go MT. You won't regret it.

I tried the Nittos, they were much better than regular radials. Then I tried Mickey T's DR and it was even better. Pretty much the same $$$, and if you only drive it a few miles a year, then mileage doesn't matter, I'd go with MTDR for 1K a year and several 1/4 mile passes and Nittos for 5K a year or more and some drag strip time.

That would be them. I can't say good enough things about those tires. Night and day difference from BFG's.

I just bought a set of nittos today, they are going on wednesday... I have owned MT and M&H and both felt nearly identical. They both lasted 3k miles. I wanted a bit longer life so I went with the nittos this time to see what I think of them. They are the best balance between a true drag tire and a street tire from what I have heard. I Hope to get 10k out of them, and would be happy with 1.7x 60fts... I have yet to find a true street tire that my car does not eat alive so Im just going to stick with DRs.

On the street the Nittos certainly stick better than the street radials I had. They'd break loose whenever I'd nail it and go into boost. Now it'll just dig in with only a slight break in traction. I'm going to the track Wednesday (weather permitting) so I'll see how they do then. I'll be happy with anything better than I was able to muster on my radials. A sub 1.8 60 ft. should get me in the 11's which is my "street ready" goal. :cool:

Back