You can type here any text you want

Drag Slick for GTA (16") wheel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Who makes a 16" drag slick that will work on my GTA wheels? I already have Nitto DR's and want to step it up.
Conrad Carter
North Carolina

May want to try a M/T drag radial? I have them on my GTA's and they fit really nice. There was a member here who had 1.5x 60 foot times on them. Not too bad for a 16" drag radial.

Are the ET's 16"? Where can I get a set?
Conrad

My best 60 ft was 1.57 on MT 255/50/16 MT drag radials.Theres a guy selling tires on the board who told me he could get a set to my door for $320 I believe.

Anyone have pictures that would be great! I'm pondering the same thing as I have some 16" GTAs as a spare set of rims. :)

8AV8 said:
My best 60 ft was 1.57 on MT 255/50/16 MT drag radials.Theres a guy selling tires on the board who told me he could get a set to my door for $320 I believe.

that's a great 60 ft is your suspension stock

Just air bags and 90/10s up front...well, I took off the front swaybar. But yes it is stock. And I dont run that consistently, thats a best. But it did feel like I was getting shot out of slingshot :cool:

Nobody now makes a 26 inch slick. Hoosier makes a 28 inch slick for 16's.

MT makes a 255/50 16 DR, and the 26x10 ET street and 28x10 ET street

MT=Mickey Thompson

Look in the Summit, Jegs, etc..

Anyone knows how makes 26 inch tall slicks.. I need a set :rolleyes:

The DR's work well.. but nothing is like a slick.

Razor said:
The DR's work well.. but nothing is like a slick.

I was running 1.50-1.52 60's with the 255-50-16 Mickey Drag Radials,Consistant.I tried a slick on the car,And could never get any better of a 60'

Paul..(PacecarTA) Has the car now..I believe he has went the best of 1.48 With a 28x11.5x15 MT/Drag Slick.And he has alot of passes on the car.

For that little bit of a difference,I will stick with the Drag Radials.

THe car has no front sway bar,Stock uppers,Boxed stock lowers,And a HR Rear swaybar.

I have run 1.52 as well.. but the dr's are more sensitive to track prep than slicks are.

Slicks will hook after a ricer fest.. DR's.. eh... take work. Burnout procedure is different, air pressure is different, launch technique is different..

I drive with the MT Dr's.. I dont have a choice on 16 inch wheels.

I hear ya Julio...I always have them put me in the slick tire class,That way I dont have to worry as much about the ricer crowd.Works much better that way.

Point taken... :biggrin:

Razor, tell me your DR secrets!!!!!!! Air pressure... launch technique...whatever you wish to share

14 PSI in the tires, quick and fast burnout, be 100% sure you put the tires in the groove, keep increasing boost on launch.. until the tires start to blow away. Try and watch cars ahead of you to see how much theyre spinning..
If the guy ahead of me dead hooks.. I get rite on his groove and hammer. If your going in after a Honda.. better turn it down.

This assummes you have a working suspension. And the car works on "slicks". If your car doesnt plant on slicks.. it wont ever work on DR's.

Lastly when you start making more power.. that electronic boost controller becomes your best friend with radials..

Back