You can type here any text you want

Dragsters are allowed at B.G.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

I don't know why there was so much fuss about this on this board but i found this today on another board......

On another topic, all powered dragsters are welcome.

They can run B-1 bracket class or the Big Gun Shootout (as long
as Cal approves).

In any event all dragsters running will be given prime track,show, & exposure times.
The track will be cleaned & prepped to as best as possible
Plenty announcement notifications will be made in advance of their passes.

We want to really spotlite these unique vehicles.

Ron J.
GS Nats. PR Director
SEMCC PR director

i wasnt planning on running any class. i just wanted to run my car with the other buick powered cars at a buick event. but if im driving everyone off maybe ill stay home. some people sure know how to make people feel welcome.

what gets me is no one has asked me what i would even like to do but yet everyone is ready to burn us like witches in salem. i never said anything about running any class. i just wanted to run my car at "DUH!" the buick event. it dosent matter what rules are made in every class everyone wants to argue to make themselves more competative. its human nature, but not my nature. i have stay quiet for a long time while this debat was going on. but i will not be quiet anymore. im not into the politics of racing i just like going fast and having a good time at the track. but it seems some want to take the fun out of what we do just to win a check and a trophy. if thats why you are going out to the event then you not that smart no one goes to an out of town race making money so if you win $500 big deal you spent 1500 getting there and racing. its not about money for me. and it should be that way for anybody. as far as heads up racing i understand peoples concerns. but did anyone ask me if i wanted to even try to run the heads up class. i want to run and makes freinds not enemies but it seems i already have been turned into a villan here. but dont worry im not going to play the part of the villan. im just the guy who thought running my buick v6 dragster might have been welcome at the one place and event over all others. i would like to know what eveyone trully feels. let me know so i can make my plans on where im running.

i would like to see the dragster's run! i just cant believe the $hit you guys have to go thru!

I speak with Turbodragster nearly every day and he has told me over and over that he doesn't care if he runs a class. He is just going to have fun. The GSCA has told me countless times how they want him to come and will do everything they can to make sure that he feels welcome. With that being said, I spoke with Lawrence Conley and he says dragsters are NOT allowed in the Big Gun Shootout. Since Barry (turbodragster) didn't care and Mike Booher's car isn't running the only other car this effected was the Nitro powered nailhead car from NM. I have spoke to him several times and he didn't say anything about the BG shootout. He was just coming to make some exhibition runs.
Because of this, dragsters WON'T BE ALLOWED in the Big Gun Shootout this year. I still predict that at least half the field will be in the 7's with hopefully one 6 second car.

what gets me is no one has asked me what i would even like to do but yet everyone is ready to burn us like witches in salem. i never said anything about running any class. i just wanted to run my car at "DUH!" the buick event. it dosent matter what rules are made in every class everyone wants to argue to make themselves more competative. its human nature, but not my nature. i have stay quiet for a long time while this debat was going on. but i will not be quiet anymore. im not into the politics of racing i just like going fast and having a good time at the track. but it seems some want to take the fun out of what we do just to win a check and a trophy. if thats why you are going out to the event then you not that smart no one goes to an out of town race making money so if you win $500 big deal you spent 1500 getting there and racing. its not about money for me. and it should be that way for anybody. as far as heads up racing i understand peoples concerns. but did anyone ask me if i wanted to even try to run the heads up class. i want to run and makes freinds not enemies but it seems i already have been turned into a villan here. but dont worry im not going to play the part of the villan. im just the guy who thought running my buick v6 dragster might have been welcome at the one place and event over all others. i would like to know what eveyone trully feels. let me know so i can make my plans on where im running.

>>> I for one would love to see your car run, if it's possible bring it to Norwalk or BPG and feel free to stop by the JCC camp, we are good at making friends. We make more at every Buick event we attend.

Best of luck.

>>> I for one would love to see your car run, if it's possible bring it to Norwalk or BPG and feel free to stop by the JCC camp, we are good at making friends. We make more at every Buick event we attend.

Best of luck.

I second that. You can bet you will be welcome in the JCC camp. Hope to see you at Norwalk or BPG also. :cool:

If you guys think back I started the post to let them run in B1 AND EVEN CALLED THE GSCA. Cal if you would said that in the beginning about the dragsters I would not have started the BS. Sorry if I made you mad TURBODRAGSTER AND MIKE I do want to see you run. PS Lenny I'v leaving today because the moped Don't pull very well LOL. See you guys in BG. CAL I drive Bobs car when he don;t want to.

i think he drives a moped with a buick sticker on the side!

You know what Len, we are going to loan that moped to you so that you can thumb your way back to AZ when you get ur a$$ handed to you in the first round by us. Careful when on the hwy with it as the road tractors will move u around a bit...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Buick Powered?

I thought that anything buick powered can race?

So, if that's still the case, Why can't he run his buick powered vehical in a class? It's obvious the closest class for him to run in would be in the BG shootout. I know some may loose, But hey! It's still considered buick powered!! And a v6 on top of it!!

I would love to see him run and run in a class. It is, what it is..

Scot W.

we will be there and look forward to running i just cant stand the drama. me and my son are going to make the haul over there 4 sure getting all the spare parts inventory stocked. and as far as bracket racing my car really isn't for bracket racing the kid dont like a regular tree. he prefers to leave of a pro tree anyways. we will be making some runn just for the fun and satisfaction of doing so.

I agree this is total BS. I would LOVE to see your car run. IMHO I wish there was more Turbo dragsters in general, all engine makes. I definitely wouldn't let a few people rain on your parade, you have just as much a right to race your car at GS Nats as anyone else. It has a Buick Power plant; it should be there no matter what any Haters say. I say turn it up and leave the Haters staring at the back of your slicks in disbelief.:eek:

Looking forward to seeing you there :D

I've had a chance to see their dragster run a couple of times down here and it flat flies. I would like to see Mike's sometime...

If you guys think back I started the post to let them run in B1 AND EVEN CALLED THE GSCA. Cal if you would said that in the beginning about the dragsters I would not have started the BS. Sorry if I made you mad TURBODRAGSTER AND MIKE I do want to see you run. PS Lenny I'v leaving today because the moped Don't pull very well LOL. See you guys in BG. CAL I drive Bobs car when he don;t want to.

I didn't say anything in the beginning because it wasn't my call. If I had my way he and John (Nitro powered nailhead dragster) would be running in the Big Gun Shootout. Then the "bump" might be in the 7's :eek:
This has nothing to do with the GSCA. They are leaving it up to the racers. He may find just as much drama at other events (right Mike B?), especially with 3 foot long Hartline stickers running down each side :tongue:

Bring on the Dragsters

Running 8:30s to 40s puts me real close to the bump spot in the
Big Gun Shoot-Out.But whats the point if you dont include the dragsters in the race.

W Emmott

70 GS STG 1 Conv
78 Skyhawk

Back