You can type here any text you want

Dragsters are allowed at B.G.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Good to hear you'll be going, Turbodragster. I'm sure you'll put on a show that will pump the crowd up. I'm willing to bet that the people that don't want you there, and I'm hoping that's only a few, will be pushing to the front of the crowd that races to the stands to watch you run.

Wishing the best for you.

I dont think its a matter of someone not wanting the dragsters to show up, some dont want them racing in their class. i guess if your not fast enought, you would automaticly think your going to get beat. at these power levels anything can happen! i think it's cool these guy's put all this time and money in making them buick powered. it's to bad it has to have all this bull$hit drama. the bottom line is they are buick people. and they are willing to spend the money to come to this event. welcome them with open arm's and help them all you can! i know i will! i cant wait to see them run!

I hope you're right about that. And well said. I hate to imagine what else it could be.

I hope there are lots of pics and videos taken of the dragster and Len's car of course.......I video'd his car from behind in Indy and it was great to watch. I asked him for a ride but he declined:biggrin: Just kidding Len.......lol.

I've wanted the dragsters to run all along. I've heard about them and would like to get to see them first hand. I think this whole thing got blown a little out of proportion anyway. I personally don't care what "class" they run in as long as they get to run. This is the kind of stuff we need at BG to keep spectators interested.

The coolest thing about BG is that it is a "SOCIAL" event for MOST people - no pressure to win other than for bragging rights. My goal every year is to go fast, hang out with old friends, make some new ones, and hopefully be able to drive the car in the trailer to go home rather than have to push it.:D See ya'll there!:cool:

I know one thing I'm not going because of the pay-outs. Just because of the good friends there and great atmosphere. The gas price is going to realy hurt the event this year at least that is my opinion.

Steve:D

I've wanted the dragsters to run all along. I've heard about them and would like to get to see them first hand. I think this whole thing got blown a little out of proportion anyway. I personally don't care what "class" they run in as long as they get to run. This is the kind of stuff we need at BG to keep spectators interested.

The coolest thing about BG is that it is a "SOCIAL" event for MOST people - no pressure to win other than for bragging rights. My goal every year is to go fast, hang out with old friends, make some new ones, and hopefully be able to drive the car in the trailer to go home rather than have to push it.:D See ya'll there!:cool:

I agree !! lets drive it in the trailer!!!:cool:

Puddin

I know for a fact that there will be 2 dragsters at the BPG event in August....the more the better...if anyone needs more info you can contact me or Chris Lyons or Lawrence Conelly the Race Directors

TurboDragster = One BMF

Turbodragster, your car is one Bad MoFo. I watched that last pass, when you hurt the head, and I was amazed to say the least. For the ones that where not there, the car launched, tire shook about 5 ft out, he lifted and then eased back into it. The car then moved left in the lane and almost totally out of the groove, he stays in it (or backed out of the pedal abit ???) and got it straight. Then it sounded like at about 1100 to 1200 ft something let go and the smoke filled the end of the track. He ran 6.76 @ 186 mph. I guessed the mph was down due to the boom at the end of the track. I was amazed the car was capable of such an impressive pass, with so much going wrong in the same pass. :biggrin:

The driver must have bowling balls for nuts, definitly one hell of a driver. :biggrin:

Back