You can type here any text you want

Driver side runners have oil on them...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I am pulling hte heads due to a slight head gasket leak and i noticed that the driver sdie runners all have a dark coating of oil on them and a buildup on the valves as well, but the passenger side is nice and clean.

I looked at the intake and both runners are nice and clean, so this begs the question, what is going on?

The motor is freshly rebulit and everything has been gone over. The motor has less than 300miles on it with.

The heads are champion ported irons.

Thanks in advance. Once i pull the heads off i will snap photos.

Adrian

I spoke to the machinist yesterday and he told me that they put new seals and guides into the head when rebuilding. He then mentioned that since the oil vapours were all down the intake runner it was likely due to a intake gasket not sealing properly. He also meotioned if. It were seal and guides there wouldn't be oil vapours all the way up the runners in the head.

Still check the valve to guide clearance and make sure they used and installed the seals correctly. Might want to have a different machine shop look at them. Some guys lie through their teeth. (Shocking......I know)

I spoke to the machinist yesterday and he told me that they put new seals and guides into the head when rebuilding. He then mentioned that since the oil vapours were all down the intake runner it was likely due to a intake gasket not sealing properly. He also meotioned if. It were seal and guides there wouldn't be oil vapours all the way up the runners in the head.

What I am thinking, too.

If it is only 1 side it is a leaking intake gasket. Been there, done that. So bad on one hurried install it fouled a set of plugs in 200 miles. Fouled them so bad one plug wouldn't even fire; dead hole. The only change was to reseal the intake and then perfect.

thanks alot guy for the helpand replies and the advice. I looked everything over and everything appears to be fine, so i am also going with the Intake Gasket problem.

adrian

Back