Driveshaft length with Strange S60

89mulletbird

I'm ordering a S60 rearend for 82-92 Fbody and also getting a driveshaft from Strange, but I'm a little unsure what to spec out for driveshaft length..

Is our driveshaft different length than the 700R4 Trans Ams?

I have that rear end with a 2004-r I can measure the length for you. I had strange make me a shaft they said they knew how long it had to be but itwas waaaay to short. I had explained to them that I had a trans am with a 200 trans but....

I really like my s60 for what it's worth.

Great, can you measure yours for me. Strange is making mine and they asked me to measure my stock one, but would be good to know what your S60 DS length is!

I have that rear end with a 2004-r I can measure the length for you. I had strange make me a shaft they said they knew how long it had to be but itwas waaaay to short. I had explained to them that I had a trans am with a 200 trans but....

I really like my s60 for what it's worth.

Hey man I was busy all night tonight, I'll get that car jacked up tomorrow after work and grab that measurement for you.

42" even from center to center. That is from the center of the U joint on the slip yoke going into the trans to the center of the U joint on the differential. Just tell strange it's 42" center to center.

Jarred

Put the rear end in, put the car at ride hgt, and measure for the correct length.
There are instructions as to how it's properly measured. Check w/ Strange. They'll tell you.

42'' or 43''??
I read in another post that someone had a 42'' driveshaft and it was a bit too small.

Do we have room for another inch with 42''?

Strange has no idea what length it should be. I told them 42" and I came up short. Once I had the S60 in, the shop measured it correctly and lengthened it for me.

I could crawl under my car this weekend and measure mine for you, but I'm sure its 42.75" - 43".