drop, shocks, tires... opinions

booth1

so im thinking about putting a little money into the stance on my gn. right now i have gta front wheels all around with 245 50 16's and air bags in the back. i less wheel well showing so im thinking about an ebiach pro kit to drop it 1-1.5" so my questiona are; do i have to run drop shocks? if so what ones? and for tires i want to go wider in the rear but keep stock height, what is the best size? and if you have picutres of your get up please post them if your would

Check out my thread about fitting GTA wheels on a lowered car. They wont fit with bell tech spindles so the eibach springs are a better way to go with GTA wheels. I run a 245/50/16 and they will rub the fenders on dips. I put 3" bump stops on the LCA that fixed it. I have 275/55/16 M&H drag radials adn like them a lot. No traction issues on 4# launch 1.50 60' at BG last weekend.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...guy-world-cant-get-gta-wheels-fit-my-car.html

Taller lower ball joints will drop it .75" and won't effect travel. 1-2" drop, stock shocks work fine.

ZQ8 Bumps stops are good, too.

My tires on my 2+2 are above the bottom of the fender lip and i used std length shocks.

@turbobuick, where did you get your wheels refinished? how much? they look niiiiice

and does anyone know of a tire thats wider than a 245 50 but hot too much taller?

I used a place in Michigan 248-327-6324. His name is Paul. He was $125 on a refinish and $225 on a refinish with the center moved.