You can type here any text you want

DRs: Hoosier vs M/T 275/50/15's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

Didn't see anything on here so I thought I'd throw it out there.

This is with my daily driver (GTO) and not the GN which is undergoing MAJOR changes. Not apples to apples I know.

I'll just use results from the same track to keep out variables, SAR which has sub par track prep 80% of the time unless it's an event.

Best with the M/T was a 1.63,1.66,1.68 in about 75 passes
Best with the Hoosiers 1.55,1.55,1.56 in 10 passes
In fact my 2nd worst 60 was better than the best with the M/T's:eek:

The Hoosiers are about 8 or 9 lbs less EACH!

The bad: Hoosiers DO NOT last as long. Mine are about 60% done after 10 passes and 1500 street miles. I had about 75 passes and over 4000 street miles on the M/T. Don't get caught in the rain with them!(Hoosiers).

I also tried out the M/T 26x11.5x15 ET street's and theY just plain sucked on the GTO. Had to run them so low to get them to bite they would spin in the rim and tried to walk me into the wall a couple of times:eek:

On a car that naturally hooks (Buick) and good track prep the 60ft times would proably be near the same.
If you run on a shatty track I'd give the Hoosiers a try.

nearing,i got similar results.the hoosiers grip awesome but last less but the mt have a much better ride due to the sidewall.

The hoosiers Dr's arent made for the road like the MT Dr's read the sidewall

Back